    an email name into a Log In box, the keystroke error keeps coming up.

    What is the file name of the autofill information? It has to be some sort of
    cookie, I just don't know which one.

    Jeff Strickland, Dec 10, 2012

  2. Jeff Strickland

    housetrained Guest

    "Jeff Strickland" wrote in message news:ka5cqh$dt5$...
    just right click the error and choose delete
    housetrained

    housetrained, Dec 10, 2012

  3. It's even easier than that. Well, not many things are easier than
    right-click and choose Delete. But you are still wrong. The way to do it is
    to simply select the error and press the Delete key. I can't remember ever
    taking anything out of the suggested autofill choices, but the Delete Key
    does the trick.

    Whoda thunk it?

    Jeff Strickland, Dec 10, 2012
  4. What is the keystroke error? I bet i could fix this in 3 steps.

    Ty Truong-Jones, Dec 15, 2012

  5. I spelled my name wrong.

    What difference does it make what the error was, the question is how to
    delete the entry that resulted from it. I fixed it already with the most
    obvious of things, I selected the errant entry and hit the Delete key. I was
    looking for a complicated answer to a problem with an easy solution.

    Jeff Strickland, Dec 15, 2012
  6. Gotcha, ya I'm not an expert at these things I figure though it should
    be an easy fix. I looked online a bit and apparently autofill isn't
    saved to cookies it works a different way.

    Ty Truong-Jones, Dec 18, 2012

  7. Thanks for trying.

    I still wonder how to do this though. It's easy to select the error and hit
    Delete, but I still wonder how it works. The mystery isn't how to fix it --
    although that was my initial question -- but how it works. We see a box that
    wants to be filled with <whatever>, and the box knows what to populate
    itself with after a keystroke or two, be the contents your first name, last
    name, address, email, whatever. You see a box and begin typing, and there
    are suggestions based upon what you put in a similar box somewhere else. How
    does this work? I first asked how to remove undesirable suggestions that
    popped up, and that turned out to be easier than the steps I was trying to
    do, but I still wonder _how_ it is known what should go into a box, and what
    the available options are based on previous entries into the same box at
    another time.

    There has to be information stored someplace, and that is the place I was
    searching for when I first posted my question. Fixing the stored information
    is easier than I thought it would be, but I still don't know where it is
    stored.

    Jeff Strickland, Dec 18, 2012