    It seems to be a disease on my TBird.

    Thanks

    http://www.linkedin.com

    Loony, Apr 6, 2012

  2. Loony

    Paul Guest

    It's a matter of playing Twenty Questions.

    Is it bigger than a bread box ?

    Where exactly on your screen, do you see this ?

    Are you receiving email from them ?

    We're not mind readers you know...

    Paul

    Paul, Apr 6, 2012

  3. Loony

    Loony Guest

    I saw it first as a post in TBird and it looks somewhat
    similar to what you would see after clicking on the
    http://www.linkedin.com
    Yes, I am and I don't want them. The contents are of no
    interest to me and I cannot find a means of blocking it
    from TBird.
    Yes, Paul but does that not exercise the brain :)

    Loony, Apr 6, 2012
  4. Loony

    Paul Guest

    I'll assume the linkedin.com emails are invites. If you're in
    Thunderbird, while viewing such a message in your Inbox, you can use
    Message : Create Filter From Message and simply have everything
    associated with linkedin.com tossed as spam. Usually, a modern
    email client, will have filtering capability, and you can use
    the message you've received as a template to reject future
    messages.

    That would be easier, than figuring out who is sending you invites,
    and getting them to stop.

    Paul

    Paul, Apr 7, 2012

  5. Somebody is inviting you to join. The invite will go away, but you can
    easily delete it when it appears in your inbox.

    Loony, Apr 8, 2012

  7. It's called junk mail. Delete it. Set a Message Rule that says, IF THE
    SENDER IS <WHOMEVER>, DELETE THE MESSAGE. This really is not rocket science.
    And, it is not a ThunderBird issue, you would get the same messages from any
    e-mail client that you used to retreive messages from any of your inboxes.

    Jeff Strickland, Apr 8, 2012
  8. Loony

    Loony Guest

    Hlo Xprts

    I am trying to connect my Samsung N150 to the Internet and am having
    problems. I haven't done this for a while, so I'm rusty. My main
    computer's DSL was connected to the Internet and I moved the cable to
    the N150.

    A USB cable connects both N150 and the D-Link modem. In same way the
    LAN cable is connected to both and the LAN light keeps flickering on the
    modem. Other lights are steady.

    The DSL socket of the N150 is connected to the DSL phone line, which
    should be ok.

    Suggestions appreciated.

    Loony, Apr 10, 2012
  11. Loony

    Paul Guest

    Why don't you go back and read your *original* thread ?

    You posted the same question in alt.windows7.general and you haven't
    come back to respond there. We're not going to chase you around USENET
    to help you! Stick to one thread.

    Paul

    Paul, Apr 10, 2012
  12. Loony

    Loony Guest

    Hello again Paul.

    I have a problem with TBird 11.0.1. I can't find the route for starting
    a new thread. This is the first version of TBird that I have not been
    able to find it.

    TIA

    Loony, Apr 11, 2012
  13. Loony

    Paul Guest

    "alt.windows7.general"

    and look for

    "Connecting a laptop to internet".

    It's posted

    4/9/2012 5:40 PM.

    That's April 9th. You already got some replies to the question, the first
    time you asked it.

    *******

    To make a new thread in Thunderbird 11:

    1) Click the newsgroup you're currently reading, like alt.computer in my example.
    2) Click the "write" button near the top.

    http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/8365/newthreadq.gif

    To reply to an existing thread and message in Thunderbird 11:

    1) Click the article you want to reply to.
    2) Use the Reply button over on the right, as in this picture.

    http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/4484/replytomsg.gif

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Apr 11, 2012
  14. Loony

    Loony Guest

    Ok Paul, I'll try to improve my manners :-(

    Loony, Apr 11, 2012
  15. Loony

    Loony Guest

    Many thanks again Paul.
    It seems to me to be "up in the attic." I don't remember seeing that in
    previous versions of this situation.
    This was the easy one. I hadn't forgotton it.
    It seems that I have mixed the two posts and the laptop fell down
    through the cracks :)

    Thanks again.

    Loony, Apr 11, 2012