    constitute the entire image). Is there a way to do this in photoshop?

    thanks,

    brian

    Brian Huether, Dec 3, 2004

  2. Brian Huether

    Ben Thomas Guest

    This solution isn't perfect and will be a tad time consuming.

    You could try the crop tool which allows you to specify a width and height for
    the crop. So specify 1000x100 and just drag from the top left to the bottom
    right, which will automatically only select the top 100 pixels. Then hit enter
    to crop the select area. Then change the width and height values to 100 and 100
    and dray from top left to bottom right again and hit enter. You will end up with
    the top 100x100 section of the image.

    You can work out the rest of the prodedure from there.

    Not a quick process for sure.

    My Digital World:
    Kodak DX6490, Canon i9950, Pioneer A05;
    Hitachi 37PD, DGTEC 2000A, Denon 2800, H/K AVR4500, Whatmough Encore;
    Sony Ericsson K700i, Palm Tungsten T.

    Disclaimer:
    given nor endorsed by it.

    Ben Thomas, Dec 3, 2004

  3. I might be bad at maths, but I suppose you would need 100 of these blocks...

    Jan Otto Ruud, Dec 3, 2004
  4. Brian Huether

    Hunt Guest

    Brian, select the Rectangular Marquee Tool, and in the Options bar, set the
    size to 100 x 100 pixels, and Feather to 0 pixels. Make the Selections and
    place each one on a separate Layer. Caveat - make sure that the original image
    is Save(ed), and that you are either working on a duplicate of it, or you can
    make a Duplicate Layer from you Background Layer. In the Layer Palette, you
    might want to look at Effects, like Bevel, to give you some visual options
    with these squares - or not.

    Hunt

    PS this is for PS7, and CS. If you have an earlier ver, and this doesn't work,
    or make sense, let me know, and I'll open up one of the earlier vers for you.

    Hunt, Dec 3, 2004
  5. Aside from needing 100, not 20 blocks,
    isn't this just a standard slice task?

    Peter Shuffle, Dec 3, 2004
  6. Brian Huether

    Hunt Guest

    Brian,

    Also - go to View>Grid, and set up a Grid for alignment of your Marquee Tool.
    You can even set View>Snap To>Grid to make this almost automatic. Sorry I
    didn't think of this in my first response, but I'm in the midst of a Google
    Search, that's taking more effort than I expected.

    Hunt

    Hunt, Dec 3, 2004
  7. In Photoshop, yes: use the slice tool. If I were doing it I'd use
    ImageMagick and a few lines of script.

    Derek Fountain, Dec 3, 2004
  8. Brian Huether

    Paul J Gans Guest

    I would think so. If I recall correctly one can slice on
    guide lines. One makes 20 cuts, ten in each direction, and
    then use the appropriate save. Should end up with 100
    numbered slices.

    ----- Paul J. Gans

    Paul J Gans, Dec 4, 2004
  9. Thanks for the replies!