    Hi

    How could I Know which is my ISP address? Could it be by using the Command
    "ping"?

    gfxgx, Aug 2, 2005

  2. gfxgx

    Old Gringo Guest

    Below is the address of your ISP:

    1000, de La Gauchetière Ouest
    Bureau 3700
    Montréal (Québec)
    H3B 4Y7

    Old Gringo, Aug 2, 2005

  3. gfxgx

    why? Guest

    Figure out the name of your ISP first.
    No, to ping something you need to know it's name or IP address first.

    View the headers of your post -

    The news server is news20.bellglobal.com (207.35.117,135) , that's using
    the nslookup command.

    the ISP is sympatico.ca , but that's not an address of anything just a
    name,

    your post says NNTP-Posting-Host: 65.95.113.60, at the time you posted
    it was from - Name: Toronto-HSE-ppp3701311.sympatico.ca

    If you mean your IP address of your PC while connected to the ISP, on a
    Windows box it's one of -

    ipconfig , winipcfg or wntipcfg

    while Linux / Unix is

    ifconfig

    Me

    why?, Aug 2, 2005
  4. gfxgx

    Old Gringo Guest

    If you are looking for your IP address, you might find it here.
    http://www.broadbandreports.com/whois

    Old Gringo, Aug 2, 2005
  5. gfxgx

    Unk Guest

    http://www.pcmesh.com/ip-check.cgi

    Unk, Aug 2, 2005
  6. gfxgx

    JANA Guest

    That's a good one!!!

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Aug 3, 2005
  7. gfxgx

    Old Gringo Guest

    :)

    Old Gringo, Aug 3, 2005
  8. gfxgx

    Joel Rubin Guest

    If you mean your IP address you can use ipconfig or winipconfig. You
    have one or the other.

    If you have a DOS-based Windows 9x (e.g. Windows ME) you use
    winipconfig.

    If you have a version of NT (e.g. Windows XP [which is NT 5.1]) you
    open a cmd box and use ipconfig.

    Joel Rubin, Aug 3, 2005
  9. gfxgx

    Paddy Guest

    if you are using Microsoft windows, Click Start, run, then type
    "ipconfig" without the quotes.
    It will display the ip address you are using.:D

    Paddy, Aug 4, 2005
  10. gfxgx

    Shawn Guest

    go here, it shows your ip address