HOW TO DIAL UP FROM AS5300 TO PC-MODEM OVER PPP

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by AlvaroMako, Aug 5, 2005.

  1. AlvaroMako

    AlvaroMako Guest

    In the case of study
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...onfiguration_guide0918ã00800a4c68.html#wp5697

    is explained like connecting from PC-Modem with a AS5300 using PPP to
    accede to a Local NETWORK.
    My question is if the opposite way is possible, that the AS5300 calls
    to PC-Modem so that this accedes to the LOCAL NETWORK.

    My Cisco As5300 has a configuration so that:

    version 12.2
    service timestamps debug uptime
    service timestamps log uptime
    service password-encryption
    !
    hostname as5300

    modemcap entry GR_PRUEBA:MSC=s13=0s21=3s22=0s23=1s24=1s50=60000Q0E0V0

    interface Group-Async2
    description conexion RTC
    ip unnumbered Ethernet0
    encapsulation ppp
    no logging event link-status
    load-interval 30
    dialer in-band
    dialer idle-timeout 57600
    async mode interactive
    peer default ip address pool pool_local
    no fair-queue
    ppp authentication chap
    group-range 117 156
    !

    line 117 120
    no motd-banner
    no exec-banner
    exec-timeout 0 0
    no vacant-message
    modem InOut
    modem autoconfigure type GR_PRUEBA
    rotary 4
    transport input all
    transport output lat pad telnet rlogin udptn v120 lapb-ta
    escape-character NONE
    autoselect during-login
    autoselect ppp
    telnet transparent
    autohangup
    parity even

    Is possible to do ?
    bash-2.03$ telnet as5300 5004
    Trying 10.XX.XX.XX ...
    Connected to as5300.
    Escape character is '^]'.
    ATDT56989663

    56989663 is the number telephoned of PC

    Is this solution possible ?

    Thanks !

    AlvaroMako, Aug 5, 2005

  2. Phillip Remaker, Aug 7, 2005

  3. AlvaroMako

    jefflin.choi Guest

    my two cents.
    never tried it but as long as Pcmodem answers the call, then maybe,
    just like ppp callback.

    jefflin.choi, Aug 8, 2005
  4. AlvaroMako

    AlvaroMako Guest