How to detect bluetooth devices in range with WSALookupServiceBegin/Next (and not all remembered dev

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Chris G, Nov 13, 2008.

  1. Chris G

    Chris G Guest

    Hi,

    My Problem:
    WSALookupServiceNext returns all remembered devices and not only the ones
    that are in range.

    I use
    WSALookupServiceBegin
    and
    WSALookupServiceNext
    to retrieve the bluetooth devices.

    This works fine. I see all devices that have already been paired with my
    computer (WinXP, Microsoft BT stack) and all devices in range that are not
    paired.

    But how can I see, whether a device that has been paired and is in range or
    not?

    WSALookupServiceNext returns all remembered devices, though I cannot see
    whether any of these devices is in range or not.

    I tried a many different flag settings, e.g. LUP_CONTAINERS or
    LUP_CONTAINERS | LUP_FLUSHCACHE or LUP_CONTAINERS | LUP_RETURN_ALL |
    LUP_FLUSHCACHE

    But no success. Always all remembered devices are returned ragardless they
    are in range or not, and I did not see any flag in WSAQuerySet or
    dwOutputFlags or lpBlob that might indicated that.

    any idea?
    thank you, Chris

    Chris G, Nov 13, 2008