    AND MY COMPUTER IS RUNNING LIKE A ONE LEGGED DONKEY.
    THANKS IN ANTICIPATION
    DEBBIE

    SIXTHPISTOL, Aug 2, 2004

  2. SIXTHPISTOL

    °Mike° Guest

    OW! My eyes hurt! Please turn off your CAPS LOCK key.
    Posting in all capitals is considered shouting, and rude.
    Not to mentions that it's *very* hard on the eyes.

    <snip>

    °Mike°, Aug 3, 2004

  3. SIXTHPISTOL

    Ron Martell Guest

    You also seem to have a defective caps lock key on your computer.
    Fixing that might help you get more responses to your requests. :)

    Download Stinger (free) from http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger and run it
    to clean up the most common of the current crop of viruses from your
    computer. That should take care of the two you have listed.

    scrgrd.exe is a virus/spyware file and it *must* be deleted if you
    want to clean up your computer.

    After running Stinger go to http://housecall.trendmicro.com and do
    their free online virus scan. That should catch any viruses that
    Stinger doesn't get.

    Then go to http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm and follow the
    instructions in sequence to clean up any advertising spyware on your
    computer.

    And make sure that you have a good antivirus software program
    installed and that you keep it up to date. If you need a good
    antivirus program then try the free version of AVG from
    http://www.grisoft.com Another very good antivirus program is eTrust
    from http://my-etrust.com but you have to pay for this one.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    Ron Martell, Aug 3, 2004
  4. SIXTHPISTOL

    SIXTHPISTOL Guest

    Ah, there, you see I am a quick learner. The CAPS LOCK shall never
    inadvertently be left on again. I am thoroughly chastised!!!
    Thankyou Ron Martell for your very much needed advice and thankyou Mike for
    your etiquette lesson. I am not a regular user of the support forum and ask
    to be forgiven for my ignorance in these matters. I REALLY AM NOT RUDE AT
    ALL, SEE!.
    Thanks again guys, I'll give it a go.
    Cheers
    Debbie (the chastised one). x x x