How to convert one Static IP Address to Dynamic IP for other computers?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Godis, Nov 8, 2013.

  1. Godis

    Godis

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2013
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Obuasi in Ghana
    Hello Forum,

    I am glad to be on your forum for the first time. Greetings to all from Ghana.
    I am the Database Administrator for the company I work for. For two year now I have been researching on how to centralize our database system so that other offices can access the database in other regions on the internet.

    When I consulted our ISP it was explained that we can only do that on Static IP Address. We are given a range of numbers that five computers can use. With one assigned to the database server, the database can be accessed on the internet. However, the head office alone uses more than 20 computers. We use HG532e (Home Gateway) as the Router and a Switch for our networking system.

    We have been advised to configure one of the Static IP addresses for another modem so that it can serve the rest of the computers to access the internet on Dynamic. Now, I do not know how to do the configuration. We have another available router HG556a (all products of Huawei Technologies). The Static is working, but the rest of the computers cannot be connected to the internet. Does anyone has idea to help me?

    I shall be glad for a positive solution

    Regards,

    Godis

    Godis, Nov 8, 2013