    work. Claims that codecs are not found, though I've also downloaded
    those...

    Tks much for advice.

    Sandy Sanders, Oct 28, 2003

  2. Sandy Sanders

    Alex Guest

    go to www.vcdhelp.com
    there you will find a lot of information on conversion, VCD creation etc.

    Alex, Oct 28, 2003

  3. Sandy Sanders

    HRosita Guest

    HRosita, Oct 28, 2003
  4. Most .mov based digicams use MJPEG and wrap it in a QuickTime data
    structure. MJPEG is simply a series of JPEGs and the QuickTime file
    format is public. It's a simple and cheap recording solution for
    digicams. I don't know if AVI can support MJPEG, but that's probably
    what your missing codec is.

    Kevin McMurtrie, Oct 28, 2003
  5. Sandy Sanders, Oct 29, 2003
  6. Rosita,

    thanks a lot for this interesting hint. I installed the first
    program for a test, and, lo-and-behold, the thing converts MOV
    to DivX AVI, albeit without sound.

    The procedure through yet another program, then to join video
    and sound in VirtualDub is good to know, but way too awkward in
    practice, at least for me. If I were desperate, I'd try it, but
    it would be great if there were some one-step program out there
    somewhere.

    How about QuickTime Pro? Would that help?

    Hans-Georg

    Hans-Georg Michna, Oct 29, 2003
  7.
    Hans-Georg Michna, Oct 29, 2003
  8. Sandy Sanders

    Fabrice Guest

    My digicams make movies in MOV format, which is not importable into
    Hi,

    I use QuickEditor and it works just fine... I take whatever input format
    (mjpeg, avi, mov, etc...), edit the video and then output uncompressed avi
    that I can then compress with TMPG...

    Hope it helps.

    Bye.
    Fabrice

    Fabrice, Oct 29, 2003
  9. Fabrice,

    thanks! What is QuickEditor? Is that part of QuickTime Pro?

    Hans-Georg

    Hans-Georg Michna, Oct 30, 2003
  10. Sandy Sanders

    Fabrice Guest

    No, it's a third party app, that I use on Windows, but exists on Mac too.
    Seems that only the mac version is still available on the net :
    http://allmacintosh.forthnet.gr/preview/206554.html

    The app's author site looks down, too :
    http://wild.ch/quickeditor/

    I must have the pc version lying somewhere.
    If you want it : and remove nospam...!

    See you.
    Fabrice

    Fabrice, Oct 30, 2003
  11. Sandy Sanders

    wishyou0607

    Joined:
    May 22, 2010
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    what i use is a professional video converter which can assure the quality of video and audio.Brorsoft video converter can help you to convert wov to avi and other popular formats.

    download from brorsoft.com/video-converter-mac/index.html

    wishyou0607, Jun 5, 2010