    Gentlemen,

    does anyone have a cookbook how to configure WLAN in order to logon to a
    domain with windows logon?

    Guest, Aug 21, 2007

  2. Most wireless adapters are not "activated" until you make it to the
    Desktop,...since you have no "connection" before that point you can not
    login, can't get to the Desktop, the adapter isn't activated, and you get no
    connection.

    So,...you have to login first with the machine on a wired connection. Your
    profile will be created on the machine and you can from that point on login
    with the cached profile, get to the Desktop, the nic gets activated, and the
    connection gets established after the fact. It's kinda like closing the
    barn door after the horse comes back in.

    I would love for this to have a better solution, but the manufactures of the
    wireless Nics seem to be focused entirely on "home users" and don't seem to
    think this is something that needs dealt with.

    This has to be repeated for every user that will be using the machine if
    they have never logged into the machine before.

    If this is not your situation you will have to explain it better. It is hard
    to make a judgment about a situation with only a one-sentence post.

    --
    Phillip Windell
    www.wandtv.com

    Phillip Windell, Aug 21, 2007

  3. http://www.microsoft.com/wifi is our landing page for detailed information
    on wireless networking. Included are step-by-step guides on building a
    wireless network where both the computer and the user can authenticate over
    the wireless network.

    Steve Riley [MSFT], Aug 21, 2007
  4. Hi
    If it is a Domain that belongs to someone else you have to get the specific
    configuration and logon credentials from the Doman's Network manager.
    If you are planning on your own Domain, it is a very long story and beyond
    the scope of a Newsgroup. You should seek professional help for such matter.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Aug 21, 2007
  5. Hi Steve!
    It's been a while (met when I was in the ISA/Security-MVP program).
    There is a ton of links on that page,...is the any particular one that
    addresses this particular issue? Nothing jumps out at me when I scanned down
    the page.

    You need to hang around these groups some more so I can learn some new stuff
    :)

    --
    Phillip Windell
    www.wandtv.com

    Understanding the ISA 2004 Access Rule Processing
    http://www.isaserver.org/articles/ISA2004_AccessRules.html

    Troubleshooting Client Authentication on Access Rules in ISA Server 2004
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/9/1/8/918ed2d3-71d0-40ed-8e6d-fd6eeb6cfa07/ts_rules.doc

    Microsoft Internet Security & Acceleration Server: Partners
    http://www.microsoft.com/isaserver/partners/default.asp

    Microsoft ISA Server Partners: Partner Hardware Solutions
    http://www.microsoft.com/forefront/edgesecurity/partners/hardwarepartners.mspx

    Phillip Windell, Aug 21, 2007
  6. Guest

    Sam Hill Guest

    I'm having an issue with a client who has a new Inspiron, a 2K3 domain,
    and an inability to logon to his domain ("cannot be found" error).
    Could you point out a link to follow that would help with that? Both
    he and I would sorely appreciate it.

    Thanks

    Sam Hill, Aug 22, 2007