how to configure SDSL modem as bridge

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Lode, Aug 1, 2005.

  1. Lode

    Lode Guest

    Hi everybody,

    I've got a cisco 828 with a static IP assigned to it.

    At the moment the router does NAT to a firewall device, which adds
    another layer of NATing to our local clients.

    We've also got a /28 of routable IPs which we want to use. We can use
    them fine if we connect the hosts directly to the router, but we want
    them to pass the firewall first. Unfortunately, the firewall can't act
    as a bridge.

    So we need our firewall to take the static WAN ip of our Cisco router,
    ie. pass the static IP one hop further into the network. We can't
    really figure out how to configure this.

    So what we have now is:

    ATM Interface Cisco (213.x.x.x) - Eth0 192.168.10.1 - 192.168.10.2
    Firewall - 192.168.0.x Nat

    And what we want is

    ATM Interface Cisco - Eth0 Cisco bridged -> 213.x.x.x Firewall -
    network + dmz
    ----------------
    interface ATM0
    no ip address
    atm vc-per-vp 64
    no atm ilmi-keepalive
    dsl equipment-type CPE
    dsl operating-mode GSHDSL symmetric annex B
    dsl linerate AUTO
    !
    interface ATM0.1 point-to-point
    ip address 213.x.x.x 255.255.255.252
    ip nat outside
    pvc 8/35
    encapsulation aal5snap
    !
    !
    ----------------

    I've found the following on bridging:
    ----------------
    No ip routing
    !
    interface Ethernet0
    no ip address
    no ip directed-broadcast
    bridge-group 1
    !
    interface ATM0
    no ip address
    no ip directed-broadcast
    pvc 8/35
    encapsulation aal5snap!
    Bridge-group 1
    !
    ip classless
    !
    bridge 1 protocl ieee
    !
    end

    I can't seem to put the two together so that I can configure a client
    connected to Ethernet0 to get the address 213.x.x.x which is currently
    assigned to ATM0.1.

    Who can help me?

    Thanks a lot in advance!!
    Lode