    I'm only using wifi connections with Laptops, so I need to connect the
    printer direct to the Di-524 Router.
    Please Help with my Problem.

    rjm.peters, Jul 2, 2006

  2. rjm.peters

    Lem Guest

    You shouldn't have to configure your router at all. You may have to
    configure your computer and/or the printer.

    Print a configuration page from the printer's control panel. It should
    list an IP address in the same range as those of your laptops (e.g.,
    192.168.1.xxx). Once you know the printer's IP address, see if you can
    ping it from one of your laptops.

    Then read
    http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/Printing to Print Server device.htm

    Lem, Jul 2, 2006

  3. rjm.peters

    Malke Guest

    Did you install your printer on at least one of the computers? You don't
    install printers to routers! Here is a link to HP's tech support site for
    your printer (TinyURL'd):

    http://tinyurl.com/rbxbo

    There are links to all the instructions you need there.

    Malke

    Malke, Jul 2, 2006
  4. rjm.peters

    rjm.peters Guest

    Hello Lem,

    Thanks for tips.
    I did print a configuration page from the printer's control panel:
    Host name: NPI403580
    IP Address: 10.24.40.23
    Did try to ping it:
    Reply from 200.217.225.96: destination net unreachable.

    But the LEDs on printer and DI-524 show that the connection is made.
    Do i need to open any ports on the DI-524?
    Regards,
    RJM Peters.

    rjm.peters, Jul 3, 2006
  5. rjm.peters

    rjm.peters Guest

    Hello Malke,
    Yes I did install the printer on all the computers.
    Via LTP1 it does funtion.
    But I want a wireless connection vai DI-524 to my HP Lasejet 2100m with
    J4169A card.
    But can't find it, wenn connected to the DI-524.

    rjm.peters, Jul 3, 2006
  6. rjm.peters

    Malke Guest

    You also said in a previous post:

    ***
    I did print a configuration page from the printer's control panel:
    Host name: NPI403580
    IP Address: 10.24.40.23
    Did try to ping it:
    Reply from 200.217.225.96: destination net unreachable.
    ***
    OK, I must confess to being completely baffled by your setup. The pings
    and IP address don't make sense. Let's go over how a router, computers
    on the local area network (lan) and any network printers should be.

    First of all, most D-Link routers have a default IP address of
    192.168.0.1. This means that if you are using DHCP for your computers
    on the lan, they should all also get 192.168.0.xxx addresses (where the
    "x's" are variable).

    You should assign a static IP address to the printer and it should be
    something like 192.168.0.200 - an address outside of the D-Link's
    normal DHCP address range but still on the same subnet.

    If you prefer to assign static IP's to your computers, you can do so.
    Turn off DHCP in the D-Link and assign static IP's. Again, they must
    all be in the same subnet as the router.

    Once you have all this set up correctly, you then need to follow
    instructions for installing the printer on the lan computers. In many
    cases, this means installing the drivers from HP first. Check at the HP
    link I gave you for network installation instructions. If your printer
    doesn't insist on having the HP stuff installed on each computer (and a
    lot of the HP all-in-ones do) you add the printer in the Add Printer
    dialog in the Printers applet (Control Panel). You use the Local
    Printer but you tell it to use a new port - standard TCP/IP. This will
    start the TCP/IP wizard where you can put in the printer's IP address.
    Finish the wizard and repeat on all computers using the printer. You
    shouldn't be using LPT1 at all.

    The fact that some lan-member computers connect wirelessly is
    irrelevant. If your particular printer is a wireless one, follow the
    instructions that came with it for setting it up.

    If you don't have your lan networking set up properly, let me know and
    we'll work on that aspect of it, too.

    Malke

    Malke, Jul 3, 2006
  7. rjm.peters

    Lem Guest

    Forget about messing around with the router. That's the least of your
    problems. Follow Malke's advice.

    One additional thing you should do -- which will help anyone here help
    you -- is open a command prompt on each computer connected to your
    router (via wire or wireless) and enter the command "ipconfig /all"
    (without quotes).

    In your next post, list, for each computer, its IP address, its subnet,
    its default gateway, and its DHCP server. Also indicate if DHCP is
    enabled or not enabled for each computer.

    Lem, Jul 4, 2006
  8. rjm.peters

    flowstarr

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    problem

    Hello. I just bought a di-524 and i seem to have a silly problem with it.i follow the quick steps and after i connect the internet cable it gives me an error message: check ethernet connection to computer and power connection. If i plug the utp cable directly to my pci card, it works just fine. i must mention that i don`t have a modem installed in my house, the internet cable comes directly from a switch installed on the hallway of the appartment building.
    Excuse me if this is a stupid question, but has anyone else encountered this problem and if so, can anyone help me?
    Best regards

    flowstarr, Feb 5, 2008