How to configure Cisco 827 NAT with multiple Public IPs

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by xinyer, May 28, 2007.

  1. xinyer

    xinyer

    Joined:
    May 28, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi Guys, need some help on multiple IPs configuration.

    I configured my 827 using static port NAT, like this:

    ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.1.201 22 203.88.91.58 22 extendable
    ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.1.200 25 203.88.91.59 25 extendable

    I have 6 IPs usable, with the configurations above, I can receive mails, SMTP are directed to my local server 192.168.1.200, but the problem is that when I send mail out, the SMTP does not use the IP 203.88.91.59 and port 25, instead it uses the ISP gateway IP address, which is banned by many mail servers.

    I figured out that I can solve this by configure like this:

    ip nat inside source static 192.168.1.200 203.88.91.59

    which forwards everything to my local server. But this is not secure, I don't want to open everything to the internet.

    How can I use Port NAT to direct my outgoing packets to a specific Public IP and specific port only?

    xinyer, May 28, 2007