    factory default, I don't know much about Cisco stuff, which cable
    should I use on which port!!

    AK

    Abid Khan, Jun 21, 2004

  2. Connect the console cable (wired like this:
    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td..._fix/cis2500/2501/2500ug/pin.htm#xtocid158231)
    if you don't have it) to the console port.

    If you have the exec & enable passwords, go into enable mode and do a
    'write erase'. Reload or powercycle the router. Done.

    If you do not have the passwords do a password recovery like this:
    http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/474/pswdrec_2500.html.

    Regards,

    Marco.

    M.C. van den Bovenkamp, Jun 21, 2004

  3. Abid Khan

    Abid Khan Guest

    Thank you very much for the info, I will try that.

    AK

    Abid Khan, Jun 21, 2004
  4. Abid Khan

    an Guest

    What if someone has set a password in the rom monitor,
    I try the following and get an access error.

    1.. Type o/r 0x2142 and press Enter at the > prompt to boot from Flash
    without loading the configuration.

    2.. Type i at the > prompt and press Enter.

    an, Jun 22, 2004