How to configure Call back on Aux Port with modem and Radius

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Newbie72, Apr 1, 2008.

  1. Newbie72

    Newbie72 Guest

    I want to setup callback on our cisco 2620. It used to work prior to
    implementing radius authentication.

    If I remove the aaa new model it works again but then radius
    authenitcation does not. We have a modem connected to the aux port
    which we use for exec dial-in to troubleshoot network outages.

    Do I need a seperate async card to make this happen? can I set this up
    on the Aux port with a external modem.

    The router is a Cisco 2620 running 12.2.23a.

    I found this document and it did not work.
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...s_configuration_example09186a0080093dc9.shtml

    I have found several documents where a serial async card is used but
    nothing with the aux port and I have been unable to modify those
    examples to work on the aux port.

    A little help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Newbie72, Apr 1, 2008

  2. Newbie72

    Newbie72 Guest

    This is what I tried so far.

    username omitted nocallback-verify callback-dialstring phonenumber
    password apasswrod
    service exec-callback
    chat-script offhook "" "ATH1" OK
    chat-script rtp ABORT ERROR ABORT BUSY "" "AT" OK "ATDT \T" TIMEOUT 45
    CONNECT \c
    interface Async65
    no ip address
    encapsulation ppp
    async mode dedicated
    peer default ip address pool callback
    ppp max-bad-auth 3
    ppp callback accept
    ppp authentication pap
    line aux 0
    script modem-off-hook offhook
    script callback rtp
    logging synchronous
    modem InOut
    modem autoconfigure type usr_sportster
    transport input all
    autoselect ppp
    callback forced-wait 5
    speed 115200
    flowcontrol hardware

    Newbie72, Apr 1, 2008

  3. Newbie72

    rob_67

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2008
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi,

    do you have dialer interfaces, then for d-channel callback:

    dialer caller <number> callback

    or

    on your isdn interface isdn caller <number> callback

    or

    you configure ppp callback (more lines).

    You do not need a async interface and the radius authentication should work.

    Regards,

    rob

    rob_67, Apr 2, 2008