    kennieting Guest

    Does anyone know how to configure 2950 switch to synchronize time with
    Windows server ?

    kennieting, Jul 4, 2007

  2. kennieting

    Guest

    Run and ntp server on the Windows system and use the line
    sntp server <IP address of Windows server>
    on the Cisco

    I don;t think that IOS will use Windows time protocol.

    , Jul 4, 2007

  3. kennieting

    Bod43 Guest

    I think that it is OK with later windows servers (2003 on) but that
    ntp is
    broken on Windows 2000. YOu can use a third party ntp server of
    course.
    I forget which one I used, only that it was open source or similar.

    Bod43, Jul 4, 2007
  4. Hi,

    give tftpd32 a try

    hans

    nh1.homeip.net

    Hans-Dieter Kreutzner, Jul 5, 2007
  5. kennieting

    KT Guest

    I enabled windows 2003 NTP server for test but switch still show
    unsync ...

    KT, Jul 13, 2007
  6. kennieting

    KT Guest

    Hi Hans,
    The tftpd32 works well on the time sync with my 2950 switches , thank
    you. However, do you know how to use windows 2003 ntp server for
    this?

    KT, Jul 13, 2007
  7. Hi,

    I tried 2000 and Xp with no success, there were some datailed papers at ms
    technet about ntp the ms way -- it was basically a stripped version of sntp
    -- just good enough for ms.
    Maybe 2003 is any better -- good luck

    hans

    nh1.homeip.net