how to choose specs: sensor type CMOS or CCD ? lense speed ? flash guide number?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mario, Apr 19, 2004.

  1. Mario

    Mario Guest

    Hello,

    Its long time I have being trying to understand and select the most
    appropriate camera for me:

    These are my requisits:

    Price at most 500 US$ more or less
    I want the camera to shoot good night pictures at least for a person
    with some background.

    What specs for the built flash I should check ?
    Flash guide number? what is best?

    Yes off course lense speed most be very good one I guess less than F3
    at wide and F8 at tele ?
    WHat about sensor type? CCD or CMOS? what is best?
    Sewnsor size? 1/1.8" or 1/2.7" what is better?
    Colour filter arrayt ? CYGM or RGB ?

    Please tell me any other parameters I should be carefull to check to
    have best results including low light photography.

    Off course I would like the camera to be not so big and not so heavy
    like less than 300gr.

    Please recommend me what you think are best modules to fit in my
    requeriments?

    Thanks,

    Mario

    Mario, Apr 19, 2004

  2. Mario

    Lucas Tam Guest

    (Mario) wrote in

    Have you checked http://www.dpreview.com? All the stats are online : )

    Lucas Tam, Apr 19, 2004

  3. Mario

    Mario Guest

    yes I did check, but my question is how to know which one of this
    parameter type or values is best?

    Mario, Apr 20, 2004
  4. Mario

    Lucas Tam Guest

    (Mario) wrote in
    Best would be to read a couple of reviews, pick a few cameras that you like
    and come back here for input. It's hard for people to judge all cameras
    equally as there are so many choices these days.

    Lucas Tam, Apr 23, 2004