    Hi All,
    How to determine the installed Operating System is Windows XP 32 Bit or
    Windows XP 64 Bit.

    Guest, Feb 4, 2007

  2. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    Type winver in a command prompt.

    John Barnes, Feb 4, 2007

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    John:
    Also typing the "ver" command works.
    It outputs version 5.2.3790 for XP x64 (or 6.0.6000 for Vista RTM)
    Carlos

    Guest, Feb 5, 2007
  4. Aha! - This means they are still continuing the Windows NT version numbers.
    Interesting! I thought they did that with XP purely as a sort of
    spinal-reaction, but then, even those may turn out to possess inertia?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Feb 6, 2007
  5. Guest

    Dshai Guest

    If you right click on My Computer and pick properties it will indicate as
    well as if it's x64 it'll say 64 Bit Edition in the properties window, 32bit
    will not.

    Dshai, Feb 6, 2007