How to capture internet traffic going through PIX 515?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by ejikn, Apr 7, 2004.

  1. ejikn

    ejikn Guest

    Hi,

    I'm trying to capture internet traffic going through our PIX 515. I
    need to get information about:

    Access from inside to outside:
    -Source IP
    -Destination IP
    -Port used
    -Bytes IN
    -Bytes OUT

    I want to be able to import the log file (txt/csv) into excel/access
    so I can create a graph.

    I tried kiwi syslog, but I can not get what I wanted.

    Is there any other software that allow me to do it?

    Thx

    ejikn, Apr 7, 2004

  2. ejikn

    Ivan Ostres Guest

    You should search groups.google.com. There was a buch of posts about
    that in this group.

    Ivan Ostres, Apr 7, 2004

  3. :I'm trying to capture internet traffic going through our PIX 515. I
    :need to get information about:

    :Access from inside to outside:
    :-Source IP
    :-Destination IP
    :port used
    :-Bytes IN
    :-Bytes OUT

    PIX will log IPs and ports, but they will not log bytes in separately
    from bytes out -- only total bytes. If bytes in vs out *per connection*
    is a hard requirement, then you are going to have to put on a sniffer.

    But if you only need interface-level byte transfer counts, that's not
    a problem (at least not at the physical interface level.)

    :I want to be able to import the log file (txt/csv) into excel/access
    :so I can create a graph.

    :I tried kiwi syslog, but I can not get what I wanted.

    :Is there any other software that allow me to do it?

    Well, you -could- look at Network Intelligence's Private I, but
    it's not exactly an inexpensive product.

    What kind of traffic volumes are you running? Private I's strong point
    is that it can handle high message logging volumes -- the lowest
    license point is good for up to 500 events per second as I recall.

    Walter Roberson, Apr 7, 2004