    more about how to accomplish this.

    Thanks in advance.

    Sekhar.

    Sekhar, Aug 11, 2004

  2. Get a Free World Dialup account and some SIP software for your PC.
    (Windows XP comes with Windows Messenger, or download one of the
    free programs on the fwd.pulver.com web site)

    On your FWD phone dial **2431 (vonage number)

    From Vonage, dial 011 0 393 FWD_Number (looks like an international
    call but is actually a SIP call.)

    Most of the services are connected this way:

    http://www.freeworlddialup.com/advanced/peering_numbers

    Brad Templeton, Aug 12, 2004

  3. Sekhar

    DevilsPGD Guest

    In message <>
    The caller will need to use FWD (Free World Dialup)

    Have them dial **2431NPANXXXXXX

    That's **241 followed by the 11 digit Vonage number.

    You can call FWD customers by dialing 011 0 393 followed by the FWD
    number.

    DevilsPGD, Aug 12, 2004
  4. Sekhar

    DevilsPGD Guest

    Does anyone happen to know if you can make calls to FWD if you have
    international calls blocked?

    DevilsPGD, Aug 12, 2004
  5. Sekhar

    Sekhar Guest

    I have tried everything. But nothing works. I use FWD on my Sipura
    3000 to call my Vonage and few of my friends Vonage numbers but the
    call doesnt go through. I am able to call 1800 nos though.

    Here is an example of what i dialed from FWD: **243 1 916 671 1306, as
    well tried **241 1 916 671 1306

    Thanks.

    Sekhar.

    Sekhar, Aug 25, 2004
  6. Sekhar

    DevilsPGD Guest

    In message <>
    Sorry, the **243 is correct. I don't have any FWD client installed here
    at the moment, but I did have this working at one point (I had a friend
    in China use FWD and call me on Vonage -- I don't have a comfortable
    headset on my PC, or a FWD-compatible IP phone of my own right now)

    DevilsPGD, Aug 27, 2004