How to calculate the flux of SPAN Port?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Prfone Wang, Sep 24, 2004.

  1. Prfone Wang

    Prfone Wang Guest

    I set a span port on Cisco Catalyst 2948G ,just useing the following
    command:
    Console> (enable) set span 2/1-3 2/4 both inpkts enable
    SPAN destination port incoming packets enabled.
    Enabled monitoring of Port 2/1-3 transmit/receive traffic by Port 2/4

    but,when I check the flux of 2/1-4 ports, I find the flux of port 2/4
    is not sum of the flux of 2/1-3. Then Can anyone explain the reasons
    to me ?thanx .

    Console> (enable) show span
    Admin Source : Port 2/1-3
    Oper Source : Port 2/1-3
    Destination : Port 2/4
    Direction : transmit/receive
    Incoming Packets: enabled

    Console> (enable) show port mac

    Port Rcv-Unicast Rcv-Multicast Rcv-Broadcast
    -------- -------------------- --------------------
    --------------------
    2/1 78813 0
    1
    2/2 10123 0
    0
    2/3 0 0
    0
    2/4 542 0
    0
    Port Xmit-Unicast Xmit-Multicast Xmit-Broadcast
    -------- -------------------- --------------------
    --------------------
    2/1 75456 6643
    815
    2/2 9930 6644
    816
    2/3 0 0
    0
    2/4 174857 190
    816
    Port Rcv-Octet Xmit-Octet
    -------- -------------------- --------------------
    2/1 8172432 35120399
    2/2 1117579 4393583
    2/3 0 0
    2/4 67902 47934366

    Prfone Wang, Sep 24, 2004

  2. Prfone Wang

    AnyBody43 Guest

    ^^^^^^^

    The destination port also keeps working (at least in some some of
    the time catalysts) for normal traffic on its own VLAN.
    There is alo CDP, BPDU ......

    Port Rcv-Unicast Rcv-Multicast Rcv-Broadcast
    -------- -------------------- -------------------- --------------------
    2/1 78813 0 1
    2/2 10123 0 0
    2/3 0 0 0
    Total 1-3 10124

    2/4 542 0 0

    Port Xmit-Unicast Xmit-Multicast Xmit-Broadcast
    -------- -------------------- -------------------- --------------------
    2/1 75456 6643 815
    2/2 9930 6644 816
    2/3 0 0 0
    85386 13287 1631

    (Sum of 1-3 Tx+Rx) >> 95510 13287 1631 <<-#########
    2/4 >> 174857 190 816 <<-#########

    Port Rcv-Octet Xmit-Octet
    2/1 8172432 35120399
    2/2 1117579 4393583
    2/3 0 0
    9290011 39513982

    (Sum of 1-3 Tx+Rx) >> 48803993 <<-#########
    2/4 67902 >> 47934366 <<-#########

    Maybe CDP and BPDU are not SPANned.

    AnyBody43, Sep 24, 2004