    Next, can I just burn those 8 avi-files "directly" to a dual-layer disc
    and Win. Med. Player then play the movie directly from that disk?
    Thanks to all who will help me. sdlomi2

    sdlomi2, Feb 27, 2008

  2. sdlomi2

    sandy58 Guest

    sdlomi2, does your e-mail address work?
    You need to convert the .avi to DVD or similar. That size of .avi will
    expand so you may only manage to get two on one DVD. I use VSO
    ConvertXtoDVD & CopyToDVD when doing this kind of thing. If your e-
    mail works & you don't have this stuff, post here & I'll send you the
    necessary. :) I think maybe I have a graphic tuition here too.

    sandy58, Feb 27, 2008

  3. sdlomi2

    sdlomi2 Guest

    Thx, sandy58. Pls. check YOUR email for working addy. s

    sdlomi2, Feb 27, 2008
  4. sdlomi2

    sdlomi2 Guest

    BTW: Think I erred elsewhere. When I d/l'd this movie, just for
    practice of course, there were 8 rar-files. But, each of the 2-8 opened
    rars produced replicas of the 1st one--each one being the complete movie.
    Thus, the movie is only one avi-file--690 mb-worth. BTW, I burned it with
    Nero, as a data disk, and it plays on Win. Med. Player--dunno about other
    players, other than paradoxically (To me!), it wouldn't then play on Nero
    Med. Player--only the sound. s

    sdlomi2, Feb 27, 2008
  5. sdlomi2

    sdlomi2 Guest

    This email works by removing the obvious--AND reminding me to check that
    box! Thx again, s

    sdlomi2, Feb 27, 2008
  6. sdlomi2

    sandy58 Guest

    e-mail sent.

    sandy58, Feb 27, 2008
  7. sdlomi2

    sdlomi2 Guest

    ...to bellsouth or yahoo? tx, s

    sdlomi2, Feb 27, 2008
  8. sdlomi2

    Gaius Baltar Guest

    Yes

    If you do that, any PC will be able to play them provided it is
    powerful enough and has the required video and audio codecs.

    Your aunt's DVD player might be able to play the AVIs if it is
    designed to play AVIs and if the AVIs don't use "complex encoding"
    (qpel and gmc)

    gb

    Gaius Baltar, Feb 27, 2008
  9. sdlomi2

    swordm Guest

    Use Total Video2Dvd Author convert avi movie to video DVD, simply and
    directly, work on home dvd player

    you can download this software FREE:
    http://www.effectmatrix.com/total_video_to_DVD_Author/index.htm
    Especial: support download youtube and other video share website
    video, then burn it to dvd.

    swordm, Mar 11, 2008