    blocks the internet connection, but not the msn messenger. How can I block
    the msn messenger. Any ideas?

    Dilash.

    Dilash, Dec 26, 2003

  2. Dilash

    J.Rivera Guest

    Try blocking all acess to network 207.46.0.0/16

    If you block TCP/1863 MSN Messenger will use TCP/80 to make a connection
    with limited capabilities (no file transfers) .

    J.Rivera
    CCNP,Net+,A+

    J.Rivera, Dec 30, 2003

  3. Dilash

    RussS Guest

    That would be good, however MSN does not always go to that address range.
    The most simple answer is to block that particular application at the
    firewall.

    RussS, Dec 31, 2003