    blocks the internet connection, but not the msn messenger. How can I block
    the msn messenger. Any ideas?

    Dilash.

    Dilash, Dec 26, 2003

  2. Dilash

    RussS Guest

    try 1863

    RussS, Dec 26, 2003

  3. Dilash

    John D Loop Guest

    John D Loop, Dec 26, 2003
  4. Dilash

    Chris E Guest

    The easiest way is to disable Messenger through Services. You can also try
    going to Program Files/Messenger and renaming the file to something else.
    Messenger looks to this file at startup and will abort if it cannot find the
    file.

    Chris
    A+, Net+

    Chris E, Dec 27, 2003
  5. Dilash

    Techie Guest

    1 out of 3 people actually answered this question right, as always well done
    RussS. As for the other two this is about MSN Messenger NOT the Windows
    Messenger service they are not the same thing.

    Techie, Dec 27, 2003
  6. Dilash

    RussS Guest

    Hey Techie

    I was waiting to see how many people got MSN and Windows messenging mixed up
    ;-)

    RussS, Dec 27, 2003
  7. Dilash

    Chris E Guest

    I must start reading the original question everytime I log on. I had
    already read it earlier, so I skipped it and read the last reply. My bad.

    Chris

    Chris E, Dec 27, 2003
  8. Dilash

    RussS Guest

    Port 139 aye? How did you figure that?

    I think you will find ...
    MSN Messenger -1863; ICQ - 5190; Yahoo - 5050; AOL - 5190

    RussS, Dec 27, 2003