    want to use any third-party tools.

    Thx

    Avi

    Avi, May 6, 2006

  2. try renaming your folder with a "$" without quotes as the first letter it
    shoulnd not show up

    bruno cardinal, May 6, 2006

  3. Avi

    pcbutts1 Guest

    pcbutts1, May 6, 2006
  4. Avi

    Plato Guest

    Then read the docs in w2kPro on how to do it.

    Plato, May 6, 2006
  5. Avi

    Duane Arnold Guest

    If you're using FAT32 then you cannot block anyone from accessing the
    folder.

    If you're using NTFS, which you can covert from FAT32 to NTFS, then you
    can set security on the folder and set your user-id/account as the only
    one that can access the folder.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, May 6, 2006
  6. Avi

    Avi Guest

    I tried this but it is still showing up. There is no security option by
    righ-clicking it. Also no docs. Anything else?

    Avi, May 6, 2006
  7. Avi

    Avi Guest

    Yes, it is FAT32. But I do not want to convert to NTFS. Please suggest
    something else...

    Avi, May 6, 2006
  8. Avi

    Plato Guest

    Plato, May 7, 2006
  9. Avi

    pcbutts1 Guest

    pcbutts1, May 7, 2006
  10. Avi

    Avi Guest

    Guess I have to use a third-party tool. Thx for everything guys!!!

    Avi, May 7, 2006
  11. Avi

    Lookout Guest

    Make them all "read only" and no one can mess with them BY MISTAKE.
    Unless you think someone is purposely trying to mess with your files
    in which case make the directory a hidden file. Pretty simple and it's
    in every Dummies book.

    Lookout, May 7, 2006
  12. Avi

    Avi Guest

    In the network, most files that users use are hidden. So, usually, most
    users enable "Show hidden files and folders" option. So it is not
    practical. The files are songs and make my PC slow when accessed by
    multiple users so want to block the folder only for my use.

    Avi, May 7, 2006
  13. Avi

    FML Guest

    Why don't you just not share that folder?

    FML, May 7, 2006
  14. Avi

    Duane Arnold Guest

    It makes no sense not to go to the O/S and use NTFS. But it's not my
    problem.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, May 7, 2006
  15. Avi

    Ragz Guest

    there is software like "Folder Lock" that you can download off a shareware
    site.
    Its password protected ,3 intrusive attemps turns pc off and files in there
    are exempt from a search . But why you want such security for mp3 files I
    dont know but be sensible about what your downloading.

    Ragz, May 8, 2006