How to avoid/ignore someone you have to work with?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by annoyed coworker, Apr 8, 2009.

  1. hello,

    This stupid bitch I work with has the biggest mouth ever. You want the boss
    to know something, you tell this bitch and she narcs to the boss. Works well
    if you want the boss to know things without saying it, but it is bad too.

    This stupid bitch doesn't mind her own business. I was speaking with a
    friend co-worker, nothing harrasing/hurtful/hr issues, and the stupid bitch
    over hears and tells the boss, landing me in the office and nearly fired.

    I have to work in close quarters (office, no customers) with this stupid
    bitch, and am seeking advice on how to avoid the bitch at all costs while
    maintaining professionalism, job completetion, etc; I want to black list
    this bitch however not give any reason for the bitch to narc to the boss 'he
    isn't doing shit, he isn't helping, not doing this or that, etc'.

    Any advice on writing this stupid bitch off without hurting myself? The plan
    is to keep my mouth shut anytime shes working, and make it fairly obvious
    that she's a known and hated narc, by saying to friends "I can't really
    discuss it right here/now, lets talk outside of the office" if it's not work
    related or something the bitch may narc about.

    annoyed coworker, Apr 8, 2009

  2. annoyed coworker

    thanatoid Guest

    From my (limited) experience working for and with assholes, if
    the boss is male and the woman is a good liar let alone half
    decent looking, you should start looking for a new job.

    I once did a few things to get a real asshole in trouble and he
    was such a good liar that in the end *I* got blamed for the
    things /he did/. Talk about backfiring (no pun intended).

    Maybe I am just really bad at office warfare. Or everything.

    thanatoid, Apr 8, 2009

  3. Unite with the other office workers except the bitch, and fire the boss for
    stupidity and gullibility.

    wisdomkiller & pain, Apr 8, 2009
  4. annoyed coworker

    VanguardLH Guest

    http://www.amazon.com/Difficult-Dis...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1239167195&sr=8-2
    http://www.amazon.com/Manage-Proble...=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1239167195&sr=8-8
    http://www.amazon.com/Commandments-...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1239168807&sr=8-2
    http://www.amazon.com/Survival-Guid...=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1239168807&sr=8-3

    Some of these types of books might be available at your local public
    library. Not only might these help in your relationship with this other
    coworker, it might make you realize the real source of the problem is
    closer to home than you would like to admit.

    By reading some books on how to be a manager, you might learn skills
    currently absent in yourself to function with uncooperative,
    interfering, or hostile coworkers by using neutrality and illuminating
    the problem with your boss (tell him/her that they are impacting your
    duties - if that is true). From your one-sided story and based on your
    post, this other coworker may have valid issues with you. They are
    obviously not averse to getting their boss involved so maybe you should,
    too. Don't whine to the boss. Setup a meeting behind his/her closed
    office door and coldly discuss the personality conflict that is
    impacting the performance of your job duties - assuming the real source
    of the problem doesn't actually lie with you. The boss is responsible
    for the performance of his group. Taking out an employee that is
    meeting their job requirements means a replacement that won't be up to
    speed and will impact the scheduling of his group which makes the boss
    look bad. One of the duties of a boss is to mediate problems between
    coworkers. You hiding won't eliminate the problem. The boss will
    naturally take the path of least resistance to meet his quota to his/her
    higher ups. So decide if you are going to be that path of least
    resistance in resolving a problem that reflects badly to the boss' boss.

    Try exercising neutrality for 21 days. Emulating a behavioral change
    for that long can sometimes become permanent or more easily exercised
    thereafter. You may find that it becomes a natural response to conflict
    and allow you to attenuate your emotional response. If neutrality
    doesn't work then try inflated arrogance. Try going to a gym or take
    martial arts which can alleviate pent up stress and emotionally calm
    your response to conflict. If you are a socially inexperienced male,
    and until you find a workable solution, perhaps you should take your
    cell phone to work and make your calls in the bathroom. Maybe then
    you'll realize this *CO*worker is in control and that you allowed it and
    even encouraged it.

    If you can't discuss with your boss the coworker personality conflict or
    their interference with your job duties, you have more serious issues
    regarding your job security at your employer and need to first focus on
    resolving those problems - or start making disaster recovery plan. You
    never did refute that anything this coworker had reported the boss was
    untrue. So decide if you are going to remain the problem that needs to
    be addressed in your group and resolved by your boss.

    VanguardLH, Apr 8, 2009
  5. Get her legs broken.
    Should give you a few months' peace - and these days, come in at the right
    side of 500.

    Centre Parting, Apr 8, 2009
  6. annoyed coworker

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Idle harmless office chat (Where are you going on holiday, did you see
    the game last night etc.) is hardly likely to lead to a verbal warning.
    There must have been more to it than you are telling us.

    Just do your job right, that's all any employer ever wants.

    Be the nicest possible person, be friendly, courteous, offer to make
    drinks, help lift & carry items etc. At home put her picture on a
    dartboard or a punchbag and work out your stress.

    Desk Rabbit, Apr 8, 2009
  7. annoyed coworker

    Tony Guest

    This is where you let your *farts* do the talking for you. Unless the person
    with the big mouth is a *fart* sniffer, whiffer eating beans before going to
    work and farting all day long is the perfect way to get people as far away from
    yourself as possible!

    --
    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    manners

    realm of understandability

    Tony, Apr 8, 2009
  8. I'd just pour upon 'er the ole' "Bucky-Charm"... Smile and wink...
    put my package up in 'er face, everytime I walk by 'er desk...
    And then when she falls hopelessly and obsessively in love
    with me, I'd get 'er into an intimate environment, like the copy
    room or a broom-closet, and tell 'er "Sorry, Babe... but I've
    given up all teh secks for Lent."

    If that don't make 'er commit suicide, she'll prolly quit 'cause
    she jus' cain't hannlle the pain no mo'. There's either Bucky;
    or there's not.

    HTH.

    --

    I am Bucky Breeder, (*(^; , and *NO!*,
    I am NOT the Octo-Mom's baby-daddy!

    Get some purdy wimmins what are not yer seester or yer couzin
    in yer truck without even using up any of your tranquilizer darts :

    http://www.psy.ritsumei.ac.jp/~akitaoka/colorspiralillusion01.jpg

    Bucky Breeder, Apr 8, 2009
  9. annoyed coworker

    James Guest

    Any advice on writing this stupid bitch off without hurting myself? The plan
    is to keep my mouth shut anytime shes working, and make it fairly obvious
    that she's a known and hated narc, by saying to friends "I can't really
    discuss it right here/now, lets talk outside of the office" if it's not work
    related or something the bitch may narc about.

    You asnswered your own question.
    thats the way to go

    James, Apr 8, 2009
  10. annoyed coworker

    Evan Platt Guest

    Be a good boy and go take your medicine.

    And while you're at it, destroy your computer.

    Evan Platt, Apr 8, 2009
  11. annoyed coworker

    zvnteq7 Guest

    Step 1... lay off methamphetamine

    zvnteq7, Apr 9, 2009
  12. I suggest you download some porn on her works PC when she's not about, tell
    your boss your suspicions about her inappropriate use of company computers
    and sit back and watch the fun.. alternatively get a life or find a new
    easier job for you where you don't need to interact with other people...a
    lighthouse keeper for example

    regards

    [email protected], Apr 9, 2009