    and I can't bring some other windows to foreground for a few seconds.
    Is there any way to avoid this? Thanks.

    Yong Huang

    yong321, Aug 26, 2005

  2. yong321

    pcbutts1 Guest

    pcbutts1, Aug 26, 2005

  3. yong321

    George H. Guest

    wrote in
    Unless you Really need it, uninstall Adobe reader, then get yourself a
    copy of Foxit Reader from www.foxitsoftware.com

    It loads a lot faster.

    George H., Aug 26, 2005
  4. yong321

    Livewire Guest

    I agree. Zapping Adobe for Foxit has transformed my surfing.

    Livewire, Aug 26, 2005
  5. yong321

    yong321 Guest

    Thank you. I tried the free version Foxit Reader. It indeed loads
    faster and will work for most of my PDF files. But Foxit Reader seems
    to smooth text and can't be switched off (called anti-aliasing in image
    industry?). I switch off this feature in Adobe Acrobat and compare the
    PDF files that need small font (data modeling ER diagrams). Acrobat
    reader displays text more clear.

    Yong Huang

    yong321, Aug 26, 2005
  6. yong321