    assign an ip address to that AP without using ASDM ?

    Thanks,

    DT

    dt1649651, Nov 22, 2008

  2. dt1649651

    bod43 Guest

    I am not familiar with the 881W however all previous
    routers integrated the Radio config into the router config.
    It would be astonishing to me if Cisco had changed
    that operating model.

    I just posted a sample for an 877W to the thread
    "Cisco 877W and Demon Options ".

    If you are still having trouble post a security sanitised
    config here.

    Also sh ver.

    bod43, Nov 23, 2008

  3. You setup its IP in the main IOS of the box with 'int wlan-ap0'.

    Ie. the docs here describe its setup a few different ways.

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/rou...80-890/software/configuration/guide/wlan.html

    You don't do it on the AP IOS itself.

    This is much the same way the CUE is configured, or some of the
    auxillary processor systems for various things. Including the
    'service-module ... session' command to connect to the seperate
    processor running the AP.

    Doug McIntyre, Nov 23, 2008
  4. They did. I suspect the main reason is that the AP on this line
    supports regular IOS heavy mode, or LWAPP mode.

    Its configured much like any of the other "processor" subsystem cards,
    like CUE or the app engine or whatnot.

    Doug McIntyre, Nov 23, 2008
  5. dt1649651

    dt1649651 Guest

    Thanks a lot, Doug.

    It is interesting that now I can access the AP from two different ip
    addresses:
    - the IP I assign to int BVI of the AP ( via telnet/ssh )
    - the IP of VLAN1 of the router ( via service-module wlan-ap0
    session )

    Dt

    dt1649651, Nov 23, 2008
  6. dt1649651

    dt1649651 Guest

    Bod, I have also worked with 87x w routers. Cisco does not really
    change the way the AP to be configured, they just change how the AP
    "appears" to you. For the 871w or 1240 series, for example, you can
    config BVI and dot11 interfaces directly after you connect to the
    router or the AP. For the 881w, the AP is "embedded" inside the
    router. You have to telnet or reverse telnet to the AP as a separate
    device.
    When you "show run" the router, no config for the wireless appears at
    all. Similarly, when you are inside the "embedded" AP, "show run"
    won't show the config of the router that contains the AP.

    Pretty interesting design.

    Dt

    dt1649651, Nov 24, 2008