how to ask a question...

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Guest, Sep 5, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Sep 5, 2005

  2. Guest

    Dave Guest

    Ah, another potential rocket scientist looking to join ...

    Dave, Sep 5, 2005

  3. Guest

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Fantastic,
    He was referring to people like you and your buddies dave.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Sep 5, 2005
  4. Guest

    Dave Guest

    And when was the last time I *asked* an MCSE related question on this ng?
    When was the last time I asked even a technically related question here?

    Dave, Sep 5, 2005
  5. Guest

    lowdes Guest

    You wouldn't even want to try to ask a question in this NG, due to all the
    assholes that call themselves MCNGP

    lowdes, Sep 5, 2005
  6. Guest

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Fantastic,
    true, sorry......

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Sep 5, 2005
  7. Guest

    Dave Guest

    ok, thankyou, np.

    Dave, Sep 5, 2005
  8. Guest

    Kurt Guest

    I'm not going there again!

    Kurt, Sep 5, 2005
  9. Guest

    Briscobar Guest

    More importantly, when was the last time you *answered* one here?

    Briscobar, Sep 5, 2005
  10. Guest

    Dave Guest

    I agree it has been some time. I'm sure it's been several months since I've
    seen a technical question that needed answering as the majority revolve
    around "I passed, had a few about something called DNS, I failed as there
    were lots about something called DNS which I didn't think I had to know..."
    or "How many questions are there on the exam?" [incert standard reply here].
    I think a lot of posters have been put off asking technical (interesting)
    questions here due to the IQ-0's replying with "google is your friend". A
    synical view is that the majority of the google shareholders wouldn't know
    how to answer such a question anyway, hence their answer. Ok, they might
    know that the answer is "A" but as to why, well, only people who really know
    there stuff know things like that and even less actually have the ability to
    explain it to others.

    Dave, Sep 6, 2005
  11. Guest

    Kline Sphere Guest

    oh dear.....

    If people don't have the common sense and initiative to research the
    answer themselves before 'giving up' and asking for the answers, well
    quite frankly those people have no hope of pursuing a career in IT.

    Make no mistake about it, these questions are easy for 'professional'
    people who actually work with the product. I fail to see how such
    'professionals' could fail to understand such fundamental concepts and
    technologies such as DNS. Really, such people should go back to
    college and learn the basic's before expecting to be taken seriously
    in the 'real world'.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Sep 6, 2005
  12. Guest

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Dave spewed across the ether:
    Right. People have been put off asking technical questions, but don't have
    the slightest hesitation about asking for the latest dumps, or how to get
    their lapel pin, ice scraper and certificate after passing their final
    exam.

    Interesting premise, but seemingly not supported by the facts.

    JaR, Sep 6, 2005
  13. Guest

    Dave Guest

    That assumes that they are the *same* people and I think that's the wrong
    assumption to make. I think those who at one time did ask techie q's
    wouldn't consider it now as there are far more amiable areas such as http
    based forums. Those asking for dumps clearly don't fall into the same
    category as the techie-q-askers.
    I doubt there are any real quantifiable facts here, just observations taken
    over a period of time with random invervals in between samples.

    Dave, Sep 6, 2005
  14. Guest

    Kline Sphere Guest

    I think those who at one time did ask techie q's
    ... and *still* there are stupid people in IT, it really does amaze me.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Sep 6, 2005
  15. Guest

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Dave spewed across the ether:
    I have read and re-read that statement, and the sense of it escapes me.
    Cite? Are you aware of some pool of "techie q" askers that are somehow
    discrete from the general population that finds it's way here? You are
    aware, are you not, that most, if not all, of the "IQ-0's" you refer to
    in here are in fact techies themselves, and share questions and
    information in this newsgroup, among other places, regularly. I have been
    hanging around in this newsgroup for several years, Dave, and have seen
    no exodus of "techie q" askers over that time. Quite the contrary, in
    fact. Folks with genuine questions and concerns have found this a
    pleasant place to be, and tend to stay. Many have even eventually earned
    their MCNGP!
    Your observations appear to be invalidated by the evidence.

    JaR, Sep 6, 2005
  16. Guest

    Dave Guest

    What, that people ask questions or they use web based forums - which is it?

    Dave, Sep 6, 2005
  17. I have to agree with you here. I'm a techie, although I haven't asked
    any 'techie' questions. I'm no where near (in my mind) ready to take
    any of the exams, and as I get closer I'm sure I'll ask questions. I
    know full well, that some of the questions I'll ask are stupid (or at
    the very least, easy for a lot of you) but I'll ask them anyhow.
    Because someone will give me an answer, or at least point me in the
    right direction.

    And, I definitely won't ask where any 'dumps' are. I lived about three
    blocks from one for years, and didn't like the smell then.. So, I don't
    want to smell it now..;) And, I've browsed some of the http: forums
    that you mention Dave. Guess what I've found.. I've found a LOT of the
    same people here answering the questions there also. So, I guess it
    won't matter WHERE they go to ask their question. These people will
    probably be the ones to answer them.

    Patrick Dickey, Sep 6, 2005
  18. Guest

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Dave spewed across the ether:
    Oh, brother. Where's that clue-by-four?

    JaR, Sep 6, 2005
  19. Guest

    Kline Sphere Guest

    What, that people ask dumb questions in web based forums?
    ifypfy

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Sep 6, 2005
  20. Guest

    Kline Sphere Guest

    .. and *still* there are stupid people in IT, it really does amaze
    As in LART right?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Sep 6, 2005