    max to even get medium sound levels.

    What program to us and what settings ?

    Thanks.

    OCZ Guy, Jul 3, 2004

  2. OCZ Guy

    ALien8 Guest

    Try: Cool Edit Pro
    Good program to alter Vol and add additional effects and to remove Crackles
    and Pops and Hisses...

    Alien8......

    ALien8, Jul 3, 2004

  3. OCZ Guy

    OCZ Guy Guest

    I did try cool edit but it just made it TERRIBLE, though did not use
    the filters whats the filters names to remove the cracks and pops ect
    ?

    Thanks.

    OCZ Guy, Jul 3, 2004
  4. OCZ Guy

    Anthony Guest

    That's surprising that Cool Edit Pro didn't work -- I've used it for a
    few years transcribing old LPs and tapes etc with some great results.
    Try limiting the volume increase to 4 db -- it'll make a great
    difference, and introduce no distortion at all.
    And if you want to get rid of clicks, pops etc, try using the
    click/pop eliminator on its least aggressive setting -- that's for
    'Old Record - Quiet Audio'. I have sensitivity set on 14 and
    discrimination on 20. There's no way it ruins the sound; results from
    LPs are terrific.

    Anthony, Jul 3, 2004
  5. OCZ Guy

    OCZ Guy Guest

    I used a program called px3converter that did the trip sound levels
    are terrific now perfect and clear :)

    Just need to convert the file to VCD and or SVCD compatability have
    trouble doing that, read my other post i just did :)

    With cooledit all i get is 4800 option no matter what i use ? and no
    224 bitrate that i need for vcd :(

    Thanks again.

    OCZ Guy, Jul 3, 2004