    John Owens
    www.goodviews.co.uk
    Fax +44 1509 890822

    John Owens, Nov 25, 2006

  2. John Owens

    John Owens Guest

    OOPs I pressed send too quickly.

    Here is the English version, hopefully spelt correctly......

    I have a workgroup ( a mixture of w2k, xp and 98 ) running through a linksys
    router.
    I also have two laptops (xp) hanging wirelessly off the router which can
    both
    surf the net and ping the other pc's. BUT I cannot get them to join the
    workgroup.
    The pcs even see the laptops but when I click on their entry I get a
    'route not found' message.

    I have set up shares. I have set them to workgroup in the same name (not the
    default mshome).

    I would be grateful for any pointers helping me to get these xp laptops to
    work within the workgroup, wirelessly.

    John Owens, Nov 25, 2006