    access the network. I was wondering if anyone on the thread might have any
    advice for us. Thank you.
    Don Olmstead

    Guest, Jan 10, 2006

  2. Guest

    J Guest

    On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 12:03:02 -0800, Don Olmstead <Don
    Without knowing what you've already tried, I'd say go to
    these 2 web sites and read http://www.ezlan.net
    http://www.tomsnetworking.com/Sections-article64-page1.php

    Do you know (don't post here!) the WPA or WEP key?
    Do you know the address?
    Do you know the network and computer names?

    J, Jan 11, 2006

  3. In
    Did your friend tell you what the wireless encryption/security setup was?
    Write it down on a piece of paper, etc? Have you tried asing him/her?

    If you don't know the settings and can't get in touch with your friend, you
    will have to reset them. Since you have access now, as long as you know the
    router's password you should easily be able to get into the router (I'd do
    this on a wired computer, btw) and change the key (WEP or WPA or whatever it
    uses). If you can't even get that far, you will have to do a hard
    reset/restore to factory defaults - you may wish to find another (local!)
    friend to help you out with this.

    Lanwench [MVP - Exchange], Jan 13, 2006