    enable links to work so I can go directly to an Internet site. I am
    having to copy and paste..a real nuisance.

    Can some kind soul tell me what to do?

    Ann Speakman, Dec 18, 2004

  2. Salut à toi *Ann Speakman*, tu nous disais ce samedi 18/12/2004 dans
    First of all upgrade your TB to the official version 1.0
    Use SetBrowser to define your default browser (FF I presume)

    Michel Doucet, Dec 18, 2004

  3. As opposed to official version 0.9? What if he'd like to run nightly
    build 1.0?

    ::..BRIAN..::, Dec 18, 2004
  4. More information is always helpful. What browser are you using? If
    you're using Firefox, try setting IE as the default browser and check to
    see if the links work then.

    ::..BRIAN..::, Dec 18, 2004
  5. Ann Speakman

    Ann Speakman Guest

    Thanks for the info. I am using Firefox , but have never set either
    firefox or IE as the default browser. I am surprised that if I set IE as
    the default then the email links would work in Thunderbird.

    I have only been using Thunderbird for a short while and I thought I
    should have the current version which I thought was .9 Isn't 1.0 a beta
    version?

    You can see the meagre extent of my technical knowledge!

    Thanks

    Ann

    Ann Speakman, Dec 18, 2004
  6. Try using this program: [http://www.pc-tools.net/win32/setbrowser/] and
    set your default browser to Firefox, or if it's already on Firefox...
    try setting it to IE. If that fixes your link problem, then try
    switching your default browser back to Firefox. Hopefully that will fix
    your link problem.
    No. 1.0 is a released version.

    ::..BRIAN..::, Dec 18, 2004
  7. Ann Speakman

    john Guest

    On Windows, Thunderbird uses whatever you've defined to be the "default
    browser" to open links from emails. If you don't want to set FireFox to be
    your default browser, but want email links to open in FireFox, you can
    edit the prefs.js file in yout Thunderbird profile and add the following
    lines:

    user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.http", "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe");
    user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.https", "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe");

    Adjust the path to your FireFox executable, if necessary.
    Not anymore; the official release was in early November.

    john, Dec 18, 2004
  8. Ann Speakman

    Ann Speakman Guest

    Thanks for the help. In the end,I installed Thunderbird 1.0 and then
    setbrowser and once Firefox was installed as the default, the links
    worked like a charm.

    Another satisfied customer!

    Thanks Guys.

    Ann Speakman, Dec 18, 2004