  1. Mathew

    Mathew Guest

    Does anybody know how to accept payment online whilst remaining anonymouse?

    Mathew, Jan 28, 2005

  2. Mathew

    Plato Guest

    Why?

    Plato, Jan 28, 2005

  3. Mathew

    why? Guest

    What?

    Me

    why?, Jan 28, 2005
  4. Mathew

    Mathew Guest

    Well I want to be able to accept payment for work completed but under a
    different identity so that nobody knows my true identity.

    I want to remain anonymouse. Not for any wrong purposes. But if there was a
    problem, clients can easily get their money back, I just want to create an
    alternative online business identity so if there is any problems nobody can
    tarnish my good name. Do you know that sometimes competitors post untruthful
    things about you.

    So these are some of the reasons. I'm also paranoid about this kind of
    things

    Mathew, Jan 28, 2005
  5. Mathew

    elaich Guest

    Wasn't Anonymouse a cartoon character? Wasn't his sidekick Nameless Rat or
    something?

    elaich, Jan 28, 2005
  6. Mathew

    Plato Guest

    You can search for a website payment service like for example:
    http://www.2checkout.com/

    Use the mail in payment option to set up the account. One can use a
    money order I assume to make it annon. instead of your credit card Just
    set yourself up as a businsess I guess.

    Plato, Jan 28, 2005
  7. Mathew

    Yddap Guest

    In

    Yddap, Jan 28, 2005
  8. Mathew

    WormWood Guest

    "elaich"
    Sidekick was "Innominate Rodent"

    WormWood, Jan 28, 2005
  9. Mathew

    Mathew Guest

    Thanks, I just want to create an online identity that is not my real online
    identity. That is basically what I am trying to achieve, without having to
    put in my real details...still use the same one, but for things like ebay
    etc.etc. I want to get a "reputation" but under my alias name, albeit, not y
    own but a different one.

    Mathew, Jan 28, 2005
  10. Mathew

    Mathew Guest

    I dont' think so I just am trying to find out how to create an alternative
    online identity for my business.

    Mathew, Jan 28, 2005
  11. Mathew

    foad Guest

    send it to me. i'll make sure you stay hidden.

    foad, Jan 29, 2005
  12. Mathew

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    anonymity destroys accountability...

    if you really want a false identity, then i suggest contacting criminals

    my suggestion: stay away from ebay.

    -a|ex

    127.0.0.1, Jan 29, 2005
  13. Mathew

    Conor Guest

    So you want to be able to commit FRAUD under UK business law?

    Conor, Jan 29, 2005
  14. I'll simplify for you, Mathew. The word is "anonymous".

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 29, 2005
  15. Mathew

    Mathew Guest

    I don't want anonymity I just want a different identification, eg. like a
    name change, just a different way to accept money thats all. My motivations
    are no different than people posting here under a different name and not
    putting their real email address or phone number or house number. No
    difference I just value my privacy, nothing untoward about my motivations
    although I dont see why I need to justify my question.

    Mathew, Jan 29, 2005
  16. Mathew

    Mathew Guest

    No, of course not, I just want to be able to accept money under an
    anonymouse name, or a different name.
    There is no law saying you have to give your real identity, I want to be
    able to buy and sell things anonymously.
    My reasons for doing so are purely legitimate. And I can assure you these
    days it is no big deal for any government official or
    police department to track you down via your ISP or other such method. I
    just want to be able to accept money under a different name.

    Mathew, Jan 29, 2005
  17. Mathew

    Toolman Tim Guest

    | Does anybody know how to accept payment online whilst remaining
    anonymouse?

    Paypal.com

    Toolman Tim, Jan 29, 2005
  18. Mathew

    Mathew Guest

    Hi Toolman Tim

    Paypal is not anonymouse is it? Are you allowed to have more than one
    account? You have to have it verified which means you need to have a bank
    account so it is not totally anonymouse.

    Would it work if you opened two paypal accounts then transferred one amount
    to the other one....then you would be free to use one anonymouse one.

    I think they have money transferring limits if your not verified though, to
    get verified you need to hook it up with your bank whcih means it would be a
    crippled version of the main one. So it would not be useful for large sums
    of money. I need facilities for regular large transfers. I don't care about
    the percentage they take, anonymity is much more important.

    Mathew, Jan 29, 2005
  19. Mathew

    Toolman Tim Guest

    | > anonymouse?
    | > |
    | > Paypal.com
    |
    | Hi Toolman Tim
    |
    | Paypal is not anonymouse is it? Are you allowed to have more than one
    | account? You have to have it verified which means you need to have a bank
    | account so it is not totally anonymouse.
    |
    | Would it work if you opened two paypal accounts then transferred one
    amount
    | to the other one....then you would be free to use one anonymouse one.
    |
    | I think they have money transferring limits if your not verified though,
    | get verified you need to hook it up with your bank whcih means it would be
    | crippled version of the main one. So it would not be useful for large sums
    | of money. I need facilities for regular large transfers. I don't care
    about
    | the percentage they take, anonymity is much more important.

    I have two accounts, both verified, but totally anonymous to anyone sending
    me money. All they know is my email address.

    Toolman Tim, Jan 29, 2005
  20. NOTHING is "anonymouse", you drooler. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 29, 2005