    preparation?

    Thanks a lot and

    Best Regards

    George, May 23, 2005

  2. George

    G.V. Guest

    Hi,

    I spent about 3 weeks for 315, 2 weeks for 316 and about 3 weeks for 320.
    I studied at work (when possible) and evenings after works & some weekends.

    I have about 1.5 years of web apps and 1 year of desktop apps .NET
    experience, and more than 6 years overall development work experience. So
    this really helped me a lot, since I could answer/guess some exam questions
    from my general knowledge.

    I used Kalani books for preparation - I've read MS Self Paced kit for 315
    first, but then I realized, that Kalani books have much more details about
    everything - tools, API of needed classes, etc. I don't know - maybe it is
    possible to pass the exam after only reading MS book, but you really need to
    browse MSDN and try coding for most of classes mentioned in MS book. MS book
    is somewhat very shallow - just gives you a high level overview, and some
    questions in exams are more detailed - they test api knowledge etc.

    BTW, I have tried test included in Kalani books (don't remember which
    provider) when studied for first exam, but these questions were too
    difficult too, compared to the real exam, and I never scored good results
    with them :)

    Regards,

    G.V.

    : Hallo G.V.
    :
    : Thanks for that good news.
    : The questions on MS site are very difficult and does
    : include questions not mentioned in the MS Selfed Paced
    : Training book.
    :
    : How much did you need to learned or prepared for the exam
    : and how much experience do you have had before the
    : preparation?
    :
    : Thanks a lot and
    :
    : Best Regards
    :

    G.V., May 23, 2005

  3. George

    G.V. Guest

    Hi,

    I just read the book, and for some topics which where unclear to me, I
    googled additional information - MSDN, articles, samples etc.
    I did some just a few exercises in a book - just wanted to remember API of
    some classes which I've never used before.

    I also went through exam questions after each chapter in Kalani books.

    Frankly, never felt ready to take an exam - I always scheduled the exam,
    when I become tired/bored of studying :)

    G.V.

    G.V., May 24, 2005