    ===================================
    Of Course The Address is Munged

    ===================================

    GrailKing, Aug 20, 2003

  2. GrailKing

    tkranz Guest

    two days should be plenty - it's been a humid summer - sure it wasn't plain
    old condensation????

    tkranz, Aug 20, 2003

  3. GrailKing

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Thirty minutes should be adequate. If you had moisture on the inside of
    the glass, it probably was atmospheric.

    Ron Hunter, Aug 20, 2003
  4. GrailKing

    Photon Guest

    2 days should be sufficient unless you used a paper that is not compatible
    with your printer. I read somewhere HP printers did not work well with some
    type of papers: the ink would basically never dry.

    On the other hand, if you monted the print right behind the glass (without
    matting it), then what you could see is the paper surface sticking to the
    glass. You should never let glossy paper touch the glass. With matte paper,
    it should be less of an issue.

    Photon, Aug 20, 2003
  5. GrailKing

    Mike Graham Guest

    I've read the other replies, and they surprise me a bit, because I frame
    stuff 'hot off the press'. Within a few minutes of printing, quite often.
    I haven't had a problem yet. I use HP Premium Plus matte photo paper and HP
    ink.

    Mike Graham, Aug 20, 2003
  6. I use Epson Photo Paper and an Epson Photo 780 with stock inks
    and they are dry within moments - seconds perhaps.

    Perhaps that is because it takes so long to print at 2880... :)

    Paul D. Sullivan, Aug 20, 2003
  7. GrailKing

    Photon Guest

    This can happen with any glossy paper, dry or wet. Even traditional photo
    paper. Glossy prints should never be allowed to touch the glass (use a mat).
    Note that when framed under glass, the gloss of the print does not make a
    visible difference, so you might as well use matte paper for framed pictures
    (I use Epson Heavyweight Matte Paper).

    Photon, Aug 20, 2003
  8. GrailKing

    GrailKing Guest

    Lexmark ink and printer on Kodak Ultima High Gloss 71lb paper.

    GK
    ===================================

    GrailKing, Aug 20, 2003
  9. GrailKing

    GrailKing Guest

    Hmmmm, that's what I did, HG right to clipped glass frames.

    GK
    ===================================

    GrailKing, Aug 20, 2003
  10. GrailKing

    GrailKing Guest

    Yup on inside of glass, I went over all the glass with paper towels
    before I placed the picures inside.

    GK
    ===================================

    GrailKing, Aug 20, 2003
  11. GrailKing

    GrailKing Guest

    Could be, dunno I will try some matte paper next.

    GK
    ===================================

    GrailKing, Aug 20, 2003
  12. GrailKing

    Mark Guest

    Finally, somthing I'm in expert in!! I work for a major printer
    manufacture and have worked with many different photo printers. The
    first thing to remember is DO NOT use the after market refill kits.
    These refill kits use substandard inks. For our printers, I have
    printed several 8x10 photos and immediently placed them in frames
    without any problems. In fact, we try to rub them and get them to
    smear after they are printed and as long as you use the proper ink,
    you will be OK.

    As for these refill kits. I know people think manufacture inks are a
    rip off, but they are the best quality. The refill people use cheap
    ink that will only last a few years. There is a huge difference in
    quality.

    Another problem you might have is paper quality. I only use Kodak
    Photo paper. I've tested all brands and it seems Kodak is the best.

    So, what brand of printer are you using? I have a feeling that it's an
    older model. Non of the newer models i've tried have this problem.

    Mark, Aug 20, 2003
  13. GrailKing

    Charlie D Guest

    One thought.
    Where do you live and do you have air conditioning?

    Here in the Eastern US it has been very damp.
    Just yesterday I pulled an advertisement from outside
    my front door and it was limp and soggy. It hasn't rained
    in a few days, it was from the moisture in the air.

    Charlie D, Aug 20, 2003
  14. GrailKing

    GrailKing Guest

    CT, and yes.

    GK
    ===================================

    GrailKing, Aug 20, 2003
  15. GrailKing

    Mark Guest

    ;-)

    I've used that model a lot. However, I haven't noticed any problems.
    I have several photos printed with that model in frames and haven't
    noticed any water vapor issue. I assume these photos are in a
    temperature controlled area? I guess you could have a problem if you
    had a picture in a AC house and then took them outside in Florida in
    August (not sure why anyone one would do this, but...).

    If I were you, I would call Lexmark at 1-800-Lexmark and tell them
    about this problem. Tell them your cartridge is causing some printing
    issues and you would like to have the cartridge replaced. They should
    be able to send you a new one in a few days. Lexmark's ink is water
    based. So you might have received a bad batch of cartridges. I'm
    sure tech support will have you clean the nozzles, but if you are
    persistant that the cartridge ink is the problem, they will end up
    sending you a new one.

    In the mean time, try a different brand of photo paper. As I said
    before, Kodak Preminum photo paper is a excellent choice. Their is a
    large difference in quality and I personally know that Kodak paper and
    Lexmark printers work great.

    Please let me know if this helps you.

    Mark, Aug 20, 2003
  16. GrailKing

    GrailKing Guest

    I use(d) Kodak Ultima 71lb high gloss paper, as others suggested could
    be humidity, I did those pictures when it rained for a week here in
    CT, I just printed a couple of pictures that been sitting for 3 days
    gonna frame them and see how it goes.

    GK

    GrailKing, Aug 20, 2003