    them?

    or, how much the same ...?

    Thanks a lot.

    Paul, Jul 18, 2003

  2. Paul

    Guy Cox Guest

    State Management for starters
    Global.asax
    Vast differences in the Datagrid for the two environments.
    Construction of User and Custom Controls changes.
    Forms lifecycle is different.
    Security Principal -- who are you really running as under ASP.Net.
    HTML
    Application Configuration Settings.
    Debugging techniques for ASP.Net
    Server side vs Client execution
    Caching.

    But other than that they are the same :) -- they use C#

    Guy

    Guy Cox, Jul 18, 2003

  3. Paul

    John S Guest

    But other than that they are the same :) -- they use C#

    Now that's going to confuse people!!!

    John S, Jul 19, 2003
  4. Paul

    Guy Cox Guest

    Well if they cannot figure out what the answer really is from my response
    they are never going to be able to pass 70-300.

    Guy

    Guy Cox, Jul 19, 2003
  5. Paul

    John S Guest

    Well if they cannot figure out what the answer really is from my response
    ..... Let alone learning to tie their own shoe laces.

    John S, Jul 19, 2003
  6. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Thanks Cox and John very much.
    If I passed 315 and turned to 316, any suggestion, please?

    Paul

    Paul, Jul 19, 2003
  7. Paul

    Guy Cox Guest

    Personally if you've never done much web programming, I would switch the
    order and do 70-316 first..
    Then do 70-315, 70-320 -- the elective 70-229, etc. and top it all off with
    70-300.

    BTW you'll need an IIS box to do the 70-315 series of exercises. You'll
    also be constrained in learning the 70-320 material without IIS. Windows XP
    Home Edition will not support IIS.

    Guy

    Guy Cox, Jul 19, 2003
  8. Paul

    Guy Cox Guest

    The installer, ADO sections, Tracelistener, Delegates and Events all get
    repetative..... But the use of the controls is vastly different and the
    programming model are vastly different.

    Guy

    Guy Cox, Jul 19, 2003