    Finding something in the exams is really killing me, but I don't know what!

    Cheers

    Jules

    Jules W, Aug 29, 2005

  2. Jules W

    Jules W Guest

    Heya there Bob,

    Thanks for your answers...

    Well - Once again, I've missed it by 12 marks... Making it three times
    unlucky, by more or less the same number of points missed - Every time I
    seem to get different strenghts and weakness'. Mainly down to seeming to
    revise the bits that I miss, then the knowledge falls out the other areas
    (it seems).

    It's very annoying and frustrating.

    I hope that I'll get it on my retake.

    None of the questions I had today were on my previous exams, and yet another
    flawed Simulation (which makes for three so far!).

    Plus one very odd one which I need to research... (About restoring NTFS
    security on a security with an *.inf file which I have never seen before).

    But yeah - I think I need to change my learning - But from what to what? Or
    to what method?

    It's been ten years since I left school / college - I've let my brain get
    stagnant in the long term as I haven't done tests in all that time - I just
    learn as I go!

    Cheers

    Jules

    Jules W, Aug 30, 2005

  3. Jules W

    molsonexpert Guest

    Hang in there, Jules. As someone in his late thirties who's killed more than
    a few brain cells, I know it can be tough. Is this your first cert exam?
    Some of it depends on your study prep, for sure, but also the whole way of
    taking an exam, reading and fully understanding the question and what it's
    asking. Good luck on the retake.

    steve.

    molsonexpert, Aug 30, 2005
  4. Jules W

    Briscobar Guest

    Nah, just kidding. Comments inline:
    I don't know. As far as MS is concerned, there's no limit. As far as your
    peers' image and respect for you, that will probably vary from person to
    person. I'd say 2 or 3. It's fine if you don't know what you need to know on
    your first attempt, but if you're too dense to realize that you're not
    realize that you need a significant amount of study (and real-world
    experience), then maybe this business isn't for you.
    Again, that depends. Could be a bad test-taker after a try or two, but if
    you're consistently failing the same exam, it may be time to re-evaluate
    your plans, as you're clearly not grasping the concepts you need to grasp.
    I hope you studied and actually used the product, after realizing which
    portions of the exam you need more knowledge in.
    Perhaps...but good luck anyway.
    ????? What?

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    To the window! To the wall! Till the sweat drop down my
    www.mcngp.com....

    Briscobar, Aug 30, 2005