    shots a camera will take before packing up.
    I've looked but I can find it.

    Anyone know where it is?

    zaax, Nov 22, 2006

  2. zaax

    Greg Guest

    As far as how many pictures you can take in relationship to the life of the
    camera? If that is what you are asking, I think there would be many
    different things to consider. How well the camera was taken care of. The
    climate the camera was being used in. So on..

    Greg, Nov 22, 2006

  3. zaax

    Evan Platt Guest

    Evan Platt, Nov 22, 2006
  4. "zaax" applied for extreme makeover home editon in

    http://www.digitalthoughtsw.com/DTS/42/

    Best wishes to you and yours for a safe and joyous holiday season.

    --

    If trees could scream,
    would we be so cavalier about cutting them down?

    Bucky Breeder, Nov 22, 2006
  5. zaax

    why? Guest

    1 then it's used and anything can happen.

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Nov 22, 2006
  6. zaax

    Leythos Guest

    I have a couple cameras that were my fathers that still work fine.
    I have a Minolta 370 that still takes great pictures.
    I have a Kodak Digital that died 3 days after the warranty ran out, and
    the $200 repair lasted 17 days after the repair warranty ran out.
    I have a high-end Panasonic Digital that is almost a year old, and it
    shoots better than any other digital I've every owned.
    I put a 357 shot through a camera once, it packed it up that day :)

    So, your question is not specific enough for anyone to give a proper
    reply too .

    What is "shots" and "packing up" suppose to mean?

    Leythos, Nov 22, 2006
  7. zaax

    Whiskers Guest

    Even if such a thing exists, I would be inclined to ignore it. I have one
    camera that has been in use since 1953, and I've had others that don't
    even get through one roll of film before falling to bits. The original
    price is probably as good a guide as any, where durability and reliability
    are concerned.

    Electronics are more fragile and harder to repair than mechanical
    components. I'd be surprised if any digital camera now on the market will
    still be in full working order after 50 years - at least, not without
    having most of its innards replaced.

    Whiskers, Nov 22, 2006
  8. Do you mean how long the camera will last, or are you asking about
    battery life?

    The Old Sourdough, Nov 22, 2006
  9. zaax

    PeeCee Guest

    Zaax

    One of my digitals has done over 11,000 photo's and is still going fine.
    My son on the other hand had a brand name digital that lasted less than 2000
    photo's.
    Others, no doubt, can point to much higher photo numbers on a given camera.

    If you are talking Film cameras on the other hand, nothing I have has any
    sort of counter but they are over 40 years old in some cases and still work.

    If you are looking for reliability (which is what I feel you are asking)
    then the usual rules of 'brand' and 'you get what you pay' for apply. i.e. a
    no name brand bought 'cheap' at the local supermarket is less likely to last
    compared to an expensive brand name bought at the offical dealer.

    Best luck
    Paul.

    PeeCee, Nov 22, 2006
  10. zaax