How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by AKA gray asphalt, Feb 3, 2006.

  1. One, but the bulb tends to burn out every time
    it's turned on.

    AKA gray asphalt, Feb 3, 2006

  2. AKA gray asphalt

    drocillo Guest

    Ten ? They stand around the ligh bulb, flashing their flashes at the
    light bulb, but nothing happens...

    drocillo, Feb 3, 2006

  3. 2501.

    500 to snap the photos.

    1000 to "critique" the images and advise how to do it better and to debate
    long and loud that all the other critiques are wrong because...

    200 to complain that the images would be better if this particular piece
    of equipment was used instead.

    700 to give detailed descriptions of how to make the images better with
    their favorite editing software.

    100 to belittle everyone above.

    and one child who looks at everyone else with an expression of disgust and
    simply walks over, picks up the bulb, and screws it in!

    :)

    Randy

    ==========
    Randy Berbaum
    Champaign, IL

    Randy Berbaum, Feb 3, 2006
  4. AKA gray asphalt

    Pat Guest

    None. They have their gaffer do it and then just tell eveyone they did
    it themselves.

    Pat, Feb 3, 2006
  5. AKA gray asphalt

    Bruce Lewis Guest

    No more than one. Two or more, and they'll never agree on the exact
    color light they want out of it.

    Bruce Lewis, Feb 3, 2006
  6. AKA gray asphalt

    ink Guest

    Hm... they'd have to determine first, if it's an interchangeable light bulb.
    A simple point & shoot would just have to be left broken.

    ....and then of course, there's the problem of the mount...

    Cheers,
    ink

    ink, Feb 3, 2006
  7. AKA gray asphalt

    Alan Meyer Guest

    One film photographer - he changes the bulb.

    Or....

    Zero digital photographers. They just "gain up" their LCD displays.

    Alan

    Alan Meyer, Feb 3, 2006
  8. AKA gray asphalt

    Pat Guest

    None. You take the picture anyway and fix it in Photoshop.

    Pat, Feb 3, 2006
  9. AKA gray asphalt

    Nikon User Guest

    Q. How many pedants does it take to change a light bulb?

    A. Light bulbs are replaced, not changed!

    Nikon User, Feb 3, 2006
  10. AKA gray asphalt

    Pat Guest

    I think that a light bulb falls within the definition, which includes:
    "The replacing of one thing for another; substitution". Vague
    definitions are something that we have to put up with. (Oh, no, I just
    ended a sentence with a prepostion. I hope they don't send me to
    grammar jail. Drats, that sentence has a split infinitive.)

    Got to go and change ... oops ... replace my kid's diaper. No, I think
    I'll change it before I get into more trouble.

    Pat, Feb 3, 2006
  11. AKA gray asphalt

    Nikon User Guest

    Keep in mind what a pedant is.

    Nikon User, Feb 3, 2006
  12. AKA gray asphalt

    Bill Funk Guest

    Only one. He calls the headshrinker.
    But the light bulb has to *want* to change.

    Bill Funk, Feb 3, 2006
  13. AKA gray asphalt

    Pat Guest

    That is exactly my point on the difference between change and replace.

    As for the rest of my post, that was just because I am more of a
    sarcastic PITA than a sarcastic pedant. And no, my kids do not really
    need diapers changed/replaced.

    Pat, Feb 3, 2006
  14. AKA gray asphalt

    jean Guest

    A Nikon owner?

    jean, Feb 3, 2006
  15. AKA gray asphalt

    Cliff Wild Guest

    None. They screw in film containers or don't screw at all any more.

    Cliff Wild, Feb 3, 2006
  16. AKA gray asphalt

    Cynicor Guest

    One, but Preddy will claim that it's really three.

    Cynicor, Feb 3, 2006
  17. Them was the days, eh?

    http://www.unclaimedmysteries.net

    "When I said 'some of my best ideas came while walking between classes
    at Harvard' I did not mean to suggest I attended Harvard." -Brian Sack's
    Memoirs, Corrected

    Unclaimed Mysteries, Feb 3, 2006
  18. AKA gray asphalt

    Don Guest

    enuf enuf rotfl

    regard
    Don from Down Under
    "Unclaimed Mysteries"

    Don, Feb 4, 2006
  19. Reminds me of:

    Q: How many elephants does it take to screw in a light bulb?

    A: Just the usual two, but it needs to be a bloody big light bulb

    David

    David Littlewood, Feb 4, 2006
  20. AKA gray asphalt

    cjcampbell Guest

    No. The gaffer just tells the best boy to slap a jelly on the baby,
    then he tells the photographer that the light bulb has been changed.

    cjcampbell, Feb 4, 2006