    use scan disk on them.
    I'm running Win XP Pro, 1 gig of RAM on a BOISTAR K8NHA Pro
    motherboard.

    mattcar, Jun 28, 2007

  2. mattcar

    why? Guest

    I wouldn't not on 500.

    Consider most PSUs have 1 x floppy, 4 x 5.25" connectors.

    Check manufacturer online drive specs.
    Example Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 8
    40GB ATA/133
    +12V 0.79A
    +5V 0.647A
    Power(Watts) = Volts(V) x Current(A)
    12.72W, say for above drive, 6 x 13 = 78W
    Using yet more power.
    Add the mobo, cpu, video, any other cards, ram, USB, optical drives etc.

    Me

    why?, Jun 28, 2007

  3. mattcar

    WhzzKdd Guest

    Yeah - jeez...I would put some of those drives external. Or, since I'm able
    to do so, attach an extra power supply system. It'd be ugly, but it would
    work.

    WhzzKdd, Jun 28, 2007
  4. mattcar

    Plato Guest

    I like the idea of adding, even, two more cooling fans if you have the
    space in the case. Also, some HDDs run real hot and they may have
    problems if located on top of each other without proper air circulation
    around them. You may even need an intake fan which fits into a 5 1/4
    slot.

    Plato, Jun 28, 2007
  5. mattcar

    philo Guest

    a 500 watt psu can easily handle six drives

    philo, Jun 29, 2007
  6. mattcar

    MEG Guest

    I would certainly think so. A 500 watt supply is quite unusual
    however, better double check that.

    MEG, Jun 29, 2007
  7. mattcar

    WhzzKdd Guest