    Just bought a new HP laptop. Hope this one lasts longer .

    Any one in the industry gotten any comments.??

    TIA

    Mutlley, Jan 27, 2004

  2. Mutlley

    Rider Guest

    I'm surprised they replaced the first one under warranty to be honest. Its a
    $5 battery normally .... just go buy one.

    Rider

    Rider, Jan 27, 2004

  3. Mutlley

    K & S Guest

    It depends on how long the Unit is Powered off.

    K & S, Jan 27, 2004
  4. Unusual to say the least.

    They're just cr2032 button cells - about $3 each.
    Uh yeah right. The cmos battery should last about 6 years if the machine
    is left switched off (and it's only used when the machine is off)

    Uncle StoatWarbler, Jan 27, 2004
  5. Mutlley

    Rich Guest

    They are actually smaller than that in most laptops, I forget the code but
    they are more like 15 bucks. Most of the money involved in changing laptop
    batteries is labour, it can take half an hour to get to the battery and then
    rebuild on some models.

    Rich, Jan 27, 2004
  6. Mutlley

    Mutley Guest

    Thanx folks.

    The laptop was used every day mostly with the power plugged in.

    One day the laptop was turned on and an error message came up saying
    the cmos battery was dead.. and it was.. both times..

    Noel lemming is quoting $128 to replace.

    Will look at doing it my self. Pity they aren't accessible from the
    base rather than taking out the keyboard, removing the CPU heat sink
    to get at it..

    Mutley, Jan 27, 2004