    :).

    TIA,
    Justin

    Justin Engelman, Feb 21, 2004

  2. Justin Engelman

    AArDvarK Guest

    It is approxamatly 25 years, lightly archival ink.
    There are other inks you can get for it that last
    80-100 years with specific papers, as well as
    cartridge chips that always say "full" to the epson
    driver. Valid ink-jet archival product sites:
    http://www.piezography.com/
    http://www.cone-editions.com/
    http://coneeditions.com/
    http://www.inkjetart.com/
    http://www.mediastreet.com/index.html
    http://www.lyson.com/includes/frames.html
    http://www.digitalartsupplies.com/
    There are also CIS (coninuous [feed] ink systems).
    comp.periphs.printers

    Alex

    AArDvarK, Feb 21, 2004

  3. Justin Engelman

    Bill Hilton Guest

    From: "Justin Engelman"
    Epson Photo paper doesn't last very long with the 1280 inks, maybe 3 years (I
    think a later version of Photo paper makes it up to 5-6 years?). For best
    print longevity with that printer/ink choose ColorLife paper (27 years
    projected) or Matte HW (18 years projected).

    Here's a good write-up explaining how these projections are made, with an
    excellent chart on the third page listing projected print life for common
    printers ... http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,105461,pg,1,00.asp

    Here's a simplified chart for various Epson papers and inks ...
    http://www.inkjetart.com/news/longevity/index.html
    These tests assume 450 lux for 12 hours a day (ie, moderate reflected
    sunlight), behind glass, 75% RH, 27 C ... the typical Henry Wilhelm test
    conditions.

    Bill

    Bill Hilton, Feb 21, 2004
  4. Justin Engelman

    Bill Hilton Guest

    From: "AArDvarK"
    Only with one paper type though (ColorLife) ... the other Epson papers are
    rated 18 years and less (some a LOT less).

    Bill Hilton, Feb 21, 2004
  5. Justin Engelman

    Mark Herring Guest

    You left out my favorite: MIS (www.inksupply.com)

    **************************
    Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.
    Private e-mail: Just say no to "No".

    Mark Herring, Feb 21, 2004
  6. Justin Engelman

    Mark Herring Guest

    Epson makes no claim of lifetime for standard dye ink. With Colorlife
    paper, they claim 27 years.

    They have a chart on pirnt lifetime with various inks and papers. On
    the Espon site, go to the description of Colorlife paper and click on
    the link: "Print permanence ratings"

    I am running MIS pigment ink in my 1280---great results and rated for
    100 years

    Mark Herring, Feb 21, 2004