    showing up online? I realize each product release has its own
    peculiarities, but are there typical times that it takes for products
    to reach market?

    Raoul, Sep 2, 2007

  2. Raoul

    John Turco Guest

    Hello, Raoul:

    Kodak's U.S. Web site shows the Z812 IS, with a list price of $299.95
    and "in stock," also:

    KODAK EASYSHARE Z812 IS Zoom Digital Camera
    <http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=11592&pq-locale=en_US>

    Apparently, however, the "P" series of more sophisticated digicams has
    been discontinued; the P880 had been the sole remaining model, anyway.
    (Which is sad, as I own a P850 and am very satisfied with it.)

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Sep 4, 2007

  3. Raoul

    ASAAR Guest

    Played for a sucker by Kodak, eh? Will you take a page from kinga
    and turn on Kodak for treating you so shabbily? <g> To paraphrase
    William Bendix's character (guess who?), I'm surprised by this
    revoltin' development. You'd think that continuing the "P" series
    would have had some value. Intangibles count too, and they might
    have helped owners of Kodak cameras from jumping ship to another
    company when upgrade time approached, even if the new camera
    wouldn't have been from the "P" series.

    ASAAR, Sep 4, 2007
  4. Raoul

    Ron Hunter Guest

    A company makes such decisions entirely on the figures on the 'bottom
    line', not on what the consumer has to say. It may not make people
    happy, but it keeps the company in business. Likely the best features,
    and new ones, will appear on a camera in the 'z' series.

    Ron Hunter, Sep 4, 2007
  5. Raoul

    ASAAR Guest

    Sure, but I meant that while not quite the same thing, the reason
    for a new "P" series camera would be akin to Detroit helping develop
    cars and engines that could compete in races, even though very few
    would ever be produced. It helped to company images which in turn
    sold more cars from their more mundane lines. Maybe that line of
    cameras deserved to die. Ever hear of "Z" cars? Many people have.
    Ever hear of "P" cars? I didn't think so. Maybe Kodak has hired a
    better ad agency. :)

    ASAAR, Sep 4, 2007
  6. Raoul

    John Turco Guest

    Hello, ASAAR:

    Oh, I don't know...would he be Chester A. Riley, of "The Life of Riley"
    television series (1953-'58), by any chance? <g> (Jackie Gleason had
    earlier played the role, on the original, failed 1949-'50 TV show,
    incidentally.)

    Furthermore, the Fantastic Four's Benjamin Grimm (better known as the
    mighty and grotesque "Thing"), has long been noted for his frequent
    use of the "revoltin' development" phrase, along with, "It's clobberin'
    time!" :-J
    Kodak's recent moves are truly somewhat baffling, given the company's
    previous public proclamation about exiting the "low end" camera market.
    Instead, they've introduced new, cheap digicams and now, have decided
    to drop their high-end "P" models!

    It all seems quite contradictory, to me. (The P850 is still my poor,
    little, abandoned puppy, which I shall always cherish, nonetheless. <g>)

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Sep 6, 2007