    Hi - What is the average time taken to study and complete the exam for the
    above from start to scratch?

    Thanks,

    Guest, Jan 20, 2006

  2. Time is relative....

    (Knowing I should leave it at that, I'm going on). It all depends on
    one factor........... YOU. If you can speed read the study materials,
    and retain it. Or (and this is more preferable) you have the actual
    experience, which enables you to comprehend whatever you do study for
    the exam, you could be ready within a month or two. But, if you have no
    clue about what a network is, or you have to read things three or four
    times before you understand it, it's going to take you up to a year.

    In other words, how much time it 'should' take you isn't nearly as
    important TO you, as how much time you should take to completely
    understand and be able to implement what you're learning.

    My suggestion is this. Get your first book. In the book (if it's set
    up anything like the A+ book at least) they'll give you a time line and
    a method to determine how much time you'll need. Follow that, and don't
    be afraid to take longer. After all, regardless of whether you pass or
    fail, YOU just spent $100+ to take the test. How many times do you want
    to have to do that?

    Patrick Dickey, Jan 20, 2006

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi,

    I've nearly finnished the 1st book and am just revising really. There is
    alot of information to take in though. I've been working in a network
    environment for 3 years so alot of it makes sense, where as some takes more
    time.

    I suppose it does depend on the individual, i try todo about 12 hours per
    week study, and am hoping to get my mcse in a year and a half if possible.

    James

    Guest, Jan 20, 2006
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I a noob so please bear with me. What is a A+ book?

    Guest, Jan 20, 2006
  5. Guest

    CBIC Guest

    In
    Go to www.comptia.org and look at the A+ exam. Or a google search is always
    your best friend.

    CBIC, Jan 20, 2006
  6. Guest

    kpg Guest

    Better than a B- book?

    hint: google (unless ur afraid of the feds)

    kpg

    kpg, Jan 20, 2006
  7. Guest

    kpg Guest

    That reminds me.

    Can the InterNeil protect me from unlawful disclosure
    of my search practices by W. and the evil Republicans?

    Maybe the perfct compliment to the InterNeil browser would
    be to invent the Nieloogle search engine.

    We can call it Noggle for short.

    kpg

    kpg, Jan 20, 2006
  8. Guest

    Jtyc Guest

    We can call it Noggle for short.

    How about an InterNeil messanger? Every time you send a message, you get a
    response from Neil.

    Even if you didn't send it to him in the first place...

    Jtyc, Jan 20, 2006
  9. Guest

    Neil Guest

    I have been called a "Yahoo" before....well, for that matter I've oggled
    hawt chicks so maybe that was a Noogle...

    Neil, Jan 20, 2006
  10. Guest

    Neil Guest

    Neil, Jan 20, 2006
  11. Guest

    Neil Guest

    Already exists. I beleive it's called microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    Neil, Jan 20, 2006
  12. Guest

    JaR Guest

    plaintive wail of Neil:
    "Nieloogle"
    "Noggle"
    "Noogle"

    *BOGGLE*

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 10110

    JaR, Jan 20, 2006
  13. Guest

    Brat Guest

    MS makes sense?? Dude! What are you smokin???

    Brat, Jan 20, 2006
  14. Guest

    CBIC Guest

    In
    Picky picky

    CBIC, Jan 20, 2006
  15. Guest

    Neil Guest

    hey, I'll have you know that the print version of the ResKits make great
    rolling paper.

    Neil, Jan 21, 2006
  16. Guest

    Neil Guest

    it's true, I noggle the mind, don't I?

    Neil, Jan 21, 2006
  17. Guest

    Guest Guest

    As long as it take.

    Working Experience is what is counts. Papers mean nothing!
    -----=

    Guest, Jan 21, 2006
  18. I like this idea. Go to the atm and withdraw all of your balance, and send
    me all of your meaningless papers.

    PC LOAD LETTER, Jan 21, 2006
  19. Wow, my killfile actually does work...LOL I didn't even know
    gtrightonthismonkeynow posted.

    Of course, he's got a lonnnnnnnnnnng way to go to quote philosophical
    and be a smart a$$ at the same time.

    Patrick Dickey, Jan 21, 2006
  20. Guest

    Neil Guest

    mine does too but others quote the killfiled and then it has no purpose

    Neil, Jan 21, 2006