How is "pri" calculated automatically by GLBP ?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by worldwidestar, Jul 1, 2008.

  1. Hello.

    By using "debug glbp events" can see something like the following
    output.

    GLBP: Fa0/0 123.1 Listen: k/Hello rcvd from lower pri Acti
    ve router (135/211.102.108.161)
    or
    GLBP: Fa0/0 123.1 Active: i/Hello rcvd from higher pri Act
    ive router (167/211.102.108.152)

    Note the (xyz / ip_addr)
    Is the "xyz" prior to "ip_addr" the priority of the virtual forwarder?

    I wonder how this number "xyz" be calculated by router.
    Who knows, please?

    Thank you.

    worldwidestar, Jul 1, 2008