    I just cannot understand why everyone else can seerch for a particular
    website but i cannot?
    Please can any one help.Its very important.

    wendyuk, Sep 27, 2006

  2. wendyuk

    Evan Platt Guest

    *sigh*

    It's that important that you gave absolutely no details.

    Evan Platt, Sep 27, 2006

  3. because they have a computer...

    and your arms were amputated and are poor....

    Minister Rennasaince Faire-A-Con, Sep 28, 2006
  4. wendyuk

    Changstein Guest

    Here goes...

    1. double-click the Internet Explorer icon

    2. In the Address bar, type "google.com" (without the quotes)

    3. In the Google window, type words or phrases that are you think
    are likely to be on the website that you are looking for. Put
    quotes around the phrases, or around any anything containing
    a hyphen or minus-sign.

    4. Click "Google Search"

    This should give you a list, 10 sites per screen, of websites that
    contain the words you have selected. A lot of people find this
    to be a pretty good way of searching. Google is the #1 searching tool
    on the planet.

    5. To visit any individual site, click the blue underlined title.

    Hope this helps.

    Changstein

    Changstein, Sep 28, 2006
  5. wendyuk enlightened us 24hoursupport.helpdesk-(ab)users with:
    Is it you who _cannot_ search? Then you won't even be able to find the
    answers here ...
    Is it your browser, Google or another search tool? -> do you have setup
    them correctly, do you get errors when just browsing around?
    Do you need a proxy (your ISP datasheet or hotline should know, but
    don't bug them unless you give more info) to access search sites or the
    site you "cannot" search for?

    Walter Mautner, Sep 28, 2006
  6. wendyuk

    Whiskers Guest

    Which website is it that you cannot search for? Why do you need to search
    for it instead of simply going straight to it?

    Why is your question so lacking in information that might help someone to
    work out what your problem really is? Is that in fact a clue?

    Whiskers, Sep 28, 2006
  7. wendyuk

    The Doctor Guest

    Because everyone else knows where the fullstop key is.
    http://a.particular.website.com/

    The Doctor, Sep 28, 2006
  8. wendyuk

    Changstein Guest

    By the way, you obviously have some frustration over the issue, and who
    could blame you? But while the technical skill of those who post to
    this group ranges from the famous (like Paul Lutus) down to the hobbyist
    and the newbie, we're very few of us mind-readers. You *did* give us
    very little information to go on, considering that it's your post we
    have to go on and we can't question you further without you posting a
    response.

    I suggest that you find a friend or at least a non-hostile person who's
    computer literate, and ask him/her to show you. Or if that won't work,
    try to find a free course in computer basics and take it. In this
    country, they are sometimes given by public libraries.

    Hope this helps.

    Changstein

    Changstein, Sep 28, 2006