    have a sony DSC f-707 and just want the lens options with the 6.3 and CMOS
    and the extra white balance and iso's. any photographs you could link me to?
    BuGzY

    BuGz, Sep 27, 2003

  2. hi Bugzy i didnt much like it with the lens kit lens, i took some 250 pics
    and kept maybe 3. I bought the new Tamron 28-300mm XR lens and now i love
    it. I'm addicted........now i can save for a good Canon "L" lens. I'm very
    satisfied.

    Grace Frehley, Sep 27, 2003

  3. Grace Frehley, Sep 27, 2003
  4. BuGz

    Lisa Horton Guest

    I'm liking mine a lot. Mostly because it's as small and light as a film
    SLR. The only thing I really miss is flash exposure compensation.
    Everything else can be worked around.

    I'm finding the curvy shape and dark silver color growing on me quite a
    bit, surprisingly :)

    The kit lens was okay, better than the typical kit lens, but still
    slow. I'm mostly using a Canon 28-105 on it and that's working out very
    well. Compact, good range, good quality. For low light use though, a
    kit of fast primes and the Rebel's iso1600 is very nice.

    The pictures look pretty much just like those from the 10D, which is to
    say very good.

    Lisa

    Lisa Horton, Sep 27, 2003
  5. BuGz

    jriegle Guest

    I've said this before, but compared to the smaller sensor cameras, the lower
    noise in the larger sensor SLRs is worth the price of admission alone.

    Both cameras are about as good as it's going to get for 6mp Bayer type
    sensors.

    Keep in mind though, the Rebel, while having a great sensor, has a limited
    feature set as compared to the pricier models. If you have an investment in
    Nikon optics, getting the rebel is false economy.

    John

    jriegle, Sep 27, 2003