    finally got rid of the dammed thing. What a hassle. I've seen on Google that
    there are free programs which can work, but some people had no luck with
    them. That's why I bought "SpyHunter 3".

    McFerg, Dec 24, 2008

  2. McFerg

    Pennywise Guest

    I'd say it was worth the $30 for sending a file they refer to as a
    custom fix, it worked, didn't take forever, and you are now a loyal
    customer.

    I do hate to say anything bad about any of it; but google does show a
    post of Oct 2, 2008 they posted publicly to remove it.
    www.bleepingcomputer.com/malware-removal/remove-spyware-guard-2008

    HiJackthis (My personal favorite) would of removed it as well

    Symptoms that may be in a HijackThis Log:
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [spywareguard] C:\Program Files\Spyware Guard
    2008\spywareguard.exe

    Pennywise, Dec 24, 2008