    and product key?

    B/

    David

    David, Sep 14, 2003

  2. David

    trout Guest

    I've not tried this, but *you* could:

    trout, Sep 14, 2003

  3. David

    Mellowed Guest

    The Product Key might be on the Chassis.

    : A friend has Windows XP Home. We just found out the certificate of
    : authenticity and product key (the 25 digit number you need to use the
    : CD) didn't come with the CD, which came with the computer (a Dell).
    :
    : He has had the computer a while but since he never needed the CD til
    : now he didn't know about it. How do we get a replacement certificate
    : of authenticity and product key/number for him? Do we have to get the
    : whole CD from Dell or MS to get it or can we get just the certificate
    : and product key?
    :
    : B/
    :
    : David

    Mellowed, Sep 14, 2003
  4. David

    Patrick Guest

    Have a look at this page (link below).

    http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/ViewKeyXP.htm

    Patrick, Sep 14, 2003
  5. Howdy!

    That's because it's on the side of the computer it was sold with.
    You've got the certificate - it's on the computer.

    If you don't have the computer, it's not legal to use that copy of
    XP.

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Sep 14, 2003
  6. David

    Ðaz ©. Guest

    tried jellybean link, well the office code was the right one, dunno bout the
    windows one mine was perloaded wen i got ythe pc

    Ðaz ©., Sep 14, 2003
  7. David

    David Guest

    No we don't; it's not on the computer at all. Believe me we looked. We
    got a genuine CD and no Cert of auth nor product key number with it.
    Thanks.

    David, Sep 14, 2003
  8. Howdy!

    Then call Dell - it's attached to the side of the Dell the software
    came with.

    Dell puts it on at the factory, so it's there.

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Sep 14, 2003
  9. David

    why? Guest

    Then you have to have words with the supplier, for the last few years
    evey PC I have seen has a sticker barcode on it.

    You may get some info / hints here http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/
    on what you are looking for. I recall there were pictures of what you
    should have.

    Me

    why?, Sep 14, 2003